Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthBeavis Project DayWalker

Primered

DarthBeavis Project DayWalker

DayWalker is being sponsored by Nvidia, Mountain Mods, Danger Den, Smooth Creations, Crucial, Performance PCs and Tribal Overkill.

The pupose of DayWalker is to showcase the generation of Nvidia power GPUS at the time of release (Summer 2008). This build will demonstrate the Nvidia philosophy of concentrating purchasing power in the GPU part of the computing equation since CPUs are much easiser to over-clock . . .you can spend less on a cpu and really improve it . . where a GPU requires a beefier product to drastically improve performance. This project will premier at Nvision 2008 in August.

This project has undergone a drastic re-design. The orginal plans were designed by Geno from Boxgods. The plans where no less than a masterpiece work of art. The problem is they required one-off metal work that was just too cost prohibitive to make the project feasible. After much angish I decided to revamp the designs. I approached Ben from Mountain Mods who worked with me to designed a killer system based on the Mountain Mod Ascension case. The build will be constructed of five Ascension cases. Three cases will be stacked high then two cases will form the arms of a cross. The rig will contain two complete gaming systems housed in the second cube. The bottom cube will house six Thermochill PA 120.3 rads and around six extra fans pulling air out the back. The top cube will house a server with a single PA 120.3 rad. This cube can be removed to make the build politically correct if the need arises.

TribalOverkill created a killed custom spinning resevoir for this build. It will be housed in the server part of the rig in the window facing the front.

His worklog:
    http://www.dangerden.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9971

The front of the rig will have windows made of security mirror (on-side is reflective the other you can see thru). The arms will have 22" monitors facing front and back (on gamer will sit on each side of the rig so they can have a proper deathmatch). Blade's sword will be housed in a red acrylic display case mounted behind the windows of the first two cases. The TribalOverkill res will sit behind window of the top case as I have already mentioned.

Here are drawings I sent to Ben to help with his design:

Just a hacked version of Marci's excellent drawing . . .

the three vertical cases will have a solid back panel that will be mounted with long spacers so all cables and the excaust fans are stealthed. this will also provide a six feet tall by 18" canvas for Smooth Creations to do some serious airbrushing . . .they will paint the entire inside and outside of the rig as well as all the rads, psus, and other stuff.

Danger Den will make all the internal acrylic components and of course will entail all the water-cooling.

Crucial is providing killer custom Ballistix Tracers.

here are DarthBeavis touches as well as the TribalOverkill res

Wow quite the setup. Looking as it will more like a display for Nvidia to use, correct?

Primered

Wow quite the setup. Looking as it will more like a display for Nvidia to use, correct?
    Once can only hope

yeah I seen the worklog on the res, what a piece of art!! Wicked sick dude!!

Master Modder

oh pretty! i like pretty......colours!! nice, anyway so yea intresting keep us updated on this, seems like a good one

More top notch work from two great modders. Kick ass idea!

Primered

Wow. What size are those fans??!! They're everywhere! This has to be the most overkill pc I have ever seen.

Wet Sanded

I wish I could just dump a ton of money into something and have other people do it. Mmm. I bet we could all make some sick homemades if we had CNC machines too..

Primered

I wish I could just dump a ton of money into something and have other people do it. Mmm. I bet we could all make some sick homemades if we had CNC machines too..
    Sand in your diaper?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information