Thread: HDD indicator LED's

Master Modder

HDD indicator LED's

I found this circuit for making a HDD indicator LED's for putting into your keyboard. I bet someone will put it somewhere other than the keyboard. So I thought that just maybe someone at Modders-Inc. would like to give it a try. Here is the link for the circuit. http://metku.net/index.html?path=mods/vilkkuvalot2/index_eng
    Good Luck and have some fun with magic lights. Happy Modding to ya.

Wet Sanded

HDD indicator LED's

Saweeet! I love this kind of stuff. Not enough to learn the material to design my own, but it's really cool. Thanks for the find em3.

HDD indicator LED's

I've made a similar circuit, I'll post it up tomorrow.. Too late for tonight

And it actually works.. wee lol

Umm it shows how much you actually use your HD - the more it's erm "used" (can't remember the word, it's too late probably lols) the more LEDs light up.. 10 LEDs, the circuit uses a LM3914 LED driver or something and an optocoupler (CNY17) for isolation of the HDD "LED power" and the +5V power (supply for the LEDs and the ICs)
    3 resistors, 2 potentiometers (trimmers or something) and a capacitor.. that's it ^^
    But it's not really small (to put into your keyboard for example).. =/ (well it's not HUGE either.. xD)

I'll paste the circuits on tomorrow.. Laters ^^

Master Modder

HDD indicator LED's

Glad I could help with some fun things to do to our PC's. Looking forward to seeing your circuit. Happy Modding to ya.

HDD indicator LED's

Here are both versions: one that you can solder the LEDs onto the PCB itself and the version with connectors only (or solder points actually..)

save me as..

My schoolmate made it for himself (I gave him the PCB) and he soldered 20 LEDs on it (2x10 paralell) so he now has 2 "bars" or LEDs at the side of his PC or somewhere.. not sure, I'll have to ask him tomorrow hehe

There are 2 potentiometers (trimmers or w/e) with wich you can set sensitivity and supply voltage, I'm not really sure what they're for but it's not hard to set them right at all.. The problem is, you have to set the PCB for each motherboard because motherboards give different output voltages but that's not a really big deal ^^

Hope you like it

You need MS Paint and Acrobat Reader to be able to open the contents of the .zip! (well, 99,9% readers do have that already so.. yeah xP)

Master Modder

HDD indicator LED's

Thanks very much for the download. I'll work on it later when I feel better. Happy Modding to ya.

Thread Information