Thread: Money to burn

Money to burn

Alright, so here's the deal: I purchased a gigabyte mobo on ebay, only for it to be DOA. I filed a dispute and got it somewhat sorted (I gave up, figuring it would be easier to get it rma'd than get my money back). Ebay sent me their condolences in the form of a $100 gift card 8O. Here's the catch: I can only use it on one item! I'm the type that hoards money and fritters it away verrry slowly, so this is kind of annoying (as annoying as a free $100 can be). What I need now is something worthwile to spend it on. I just got a new cpu, my new motherboard will soon be rma'd, and I'm good on ram. I have a 320gb IDE hd that could use an upgrade, but what with the coming shift from hard drives to flash memory and beyond, I'm not too keen on investing on something that could be obsolete in a few years. I have cases up to my eyeballs, and I'm good on speakers, as I'll be moving into a dorm next september, where loud gaming noises are not appreciated. I'm currently rocking a 25" crt (21" actual visible screen), but I suppose that I could throw the money at a new lcd. I'm good sound card wise, and there aren't any sub-$100 video cards that are better than mine. I suppose that I could save it until college starts and use it to buy books. Well, at least one book :P. If you guys know of some must-have $100 item, please let me know.

Clear Coat

Money to burn

computer, or in general?

Money to burn

I guess that I was leaning towards computer, as that's where my money goes :P, but if there's something else that I need then I'm open.

Clear Coat

Money to burn

Well I think you need my advice... only $50 8D

Money to burn

"I suppose that I could save it until college starts and use it to buy books. Well, at least one book"

I think you found the right choice. Maybe not the funniest, but the right one.

Money to burn

Yeah, I think that's my best bet. Some random toy won't mean much when I'm out of top ramen and cash :P. Wisdom, thou art a spoilsport.

Thread Information