Thread: EEE pcs

Clear Coat

EEE pcs

Anyone got one? Touched one? I think I am getting one as my "walkaround" computer at college, and using a desky for all the processor intensive stuff.

I was going to get the Linux version of the 900, for the extra 8gb of space, but then i just saw something about the new 901 that is coming out, with the Atom processor for longer battery and better performance. No idea where to find it though...

EEE pcs

A friend of mine has one and brought it to the LAN. He loaded up XP on it and basically uses it as a storage device to play music and what not. It looks cool though.

Thought about getting one of those for my fiance for school but it doesn't have a CD ROM and it's really not any good for much besides surfing and checking the mail. We went and got a cheap Dell Laptop that is probably twice as powerful for only a little bit more with a 15" screen. This way she can load up Excel an all that other school crap and still have space.

I'd like to have one to play with but I don't think they are any good for much besides fun toys.

Clear Coat

EEE pcs

Its perfect for what I want to do, Notes, web, email, a bit of C/Java coding.... maybe even RDC or VNC to my desktop for heavy apps...

I just wondered how well its built, stuff like that. I don't really trust most of the reviews i see on teh intarwebs.

EEE pcs

Someone here in Slovenia ordered a touchscreen (from China) and installed it in the EEE.. He's now using it as a car-pc or something like that

Clear Coat

EEE pcs

cool... i just saw a completely tricked out EEE on ebay with a touchscreen, 40gb worth of flash, bluetooth, wireless N the works.... $3,300 US he was asking.... almost 100 times what the original was worth.

Thread Information