Thread: VM7000 laptop.....mod :)

Master Modder

VM7000 laptop.....mod :)

yup thats right...im not fond of laptops but i got given this for free, i had to fix it mind....ive got the enw keyboard, ot some body work on the outside of the case to, its cracked but the lappy itself seems to work fine now

anyway list of things i want to do,

UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE!!

omg this thing is running an intel celeron 550mhz.... 8O the worst thing ive came across yet it runs real smooth, maybe thats window ME i dont know,

anyway memory turns out i can only use 128mb in each slot...time to find the right kind
    hdd, at least a 10gb need eh? its got a crappy little 5gb inside of it, no good for xp hey??

oooooo i need to repair the power jack at the back, its real broken lol but i can use it so far...just got to bea real cafull....

NOW FOR THE FUN PART!!!

the mod, ok ive never put a window inside a lapop, in fact ive never modded a laptop....anyway yea i want to put a small styled window in the top of the case, maybe frost it not 100% on that yet, any other suggestions are welcomed!!

i want to spray it electric blue on the top, havent decided on a colour for the base yet, all will be buffed up to hell!!

the keyboard is staying the same...im not to keen on messin with that lol,

so ye thats the genral idea

anyone with input/comments or ideas please post!! im new to modding a laptop so should be a fun project oh and advice might be needed lol later days all!

Clear Coat

I would say don't bother with XP, you will have much better results with Win2k, especially if its a 550mhz processor. Perhaps its a great time to learn a linux distro....

And you can paint the keyboard over, just to make it that much more hard core.

"Thats right, I run programs from the command line! AND my keyboard is blank."

Master Modder

Maybe fusinsun is right about trying a Linux distro. There some out there that are designed for running on the slower machines. Plus some will run on the slower machines and be up to date about how it interacts with the user. Happy Modding to ya.

Wet Sanded

What's the budget here?

Master Modder

well, its woteva it cost me really althought p4storm comes first...im up for spending money on this little beast though so call it £50 plus i though of uosing xp as the laptop will only be used for internet and a game of ut goty which btw it runs!!! omg it runs it!! lol

Master Modder

Glad to hear that it will run UT GOTY!! Have fun with it. and Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

lol thanks anyway problem! now i dont know nothing about laptops....but i know mine is shorting out...heres the problem,

brand new keyboard, wheneva the lappy is on and i hit the enter key, or any key around the enter key, it sounds like a small spark and switchs of...this is a big problem, and i cant think of what could be causeing it or how to sort it....anyone know?? later days

razer

Thread Information