Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the younger modder?

Master Modder

the younger modder?

anyone else noticed that pc-modders seem to be getting younger? i just read a post on anouther forum and the chap was 14 years old! i think that is amazing, how we lot as the older group have inspired so many young minds definatly started a forever staying trend here....

the younger modder?

Well, depends on what you count as "modding"
    I'm not a real modder, at least I tihnk so myself..

Many people know how to insert a LED fan into their case
    Some of those know how to connect the fans in the way that the cables won't be seen
    Rare people know how to really MOD a PC case
    Even less people know how to build a case from scratch

Well maybe I'm a little too.. How'd I say.. Rude? but that's what I tihnk.. (no offence meant)

Master Modder

the younger modder?

wel, i guess...i think its more categories that people fit into...i personaly dont think someone who builds a pc, adds some lights and cable tidys is a modder....but others do...on a note...

id say a modder is someone who takes a pc case and changes it altogether, thats a case modder to me, like tazz, easy example, ultrasweet is a case mod to me,

not to offend so no one take offence

the younger modder?

wel, i guess...i think its more categories that people fit into...i personaly dont think someone who builds a pc, adds some lights and cable tidys is a modder....but others do...on a note...

id say a modder is someone who takes a pc case and changes it altogether, thats a case modder to me, like tazz, easy example, ultrasweet is a case mod to me,

not to offend so no one take offence
    the deal is the person youre talking about is one of modders according to your definition or NOT!?

just think of it...

the younger modder?

Even less people know how to build a case from scratch
    JOY! I am am considered by atleast 1 person to be a modder.

I am happy and can move on now.

the younger modder?

ooh, a subject i can talk about!

okay so i'm 17 now, and started into computers/modding when i was 15

LED fans may not get one labeled a modder, but they are certainly a gateway drug.

obviously what's helping the trend as well is you can buy a cheap computer now for very little, and just screw around with it (tearing the case apart and such) over time theres less and less investment involved in modding. Plus the resources are out there now. I can testify to M-I's and a few other sites starter tutorials, I followed those about a year ago and now I'd like to think im self sufficient with a decent workbench, I got there through the advice on forums; hey, buy nice tools so you can build a solid collection, and they'll last a lifetime.

and a year later, here I am, very proud of the things i've cooked up.

(screw capitalization i'm at work)

Master Modder

the younger modder?

damn right lol i started out just like that theedge44, and now look at me, i have a few case's behind me and one sh1thot one pipeline lol not every1s cup of tea but i fink its great, anyway back to topic...

i want to make sure im not saying this to offend no one, so i just wanted to make that clear!,

a modder is someone who changes the way the case is (from standered) but in some peoples eyes adding a few fans and some lights, is not modding although when you think about it, although not "modding" it is stil some form of "modding" has to be but still i have yet to see someones work who is under 16 now that should be intresting

the younger modder?

a modder is someone who changes the way the case is (from standered) but in some peoples eyes adding a few fans and some lights, is not modding although when you think about it, although not "modding" it is stil some form of "modding" has to be but still i have yet to see someones work who is under 16 now that should be intresting
    I agree, but I know quite a few people who just added a few fans (2 to be exact --> with RGB LEDs that change colour with temperature) and, well... this is a form of real modding but I still think it's way too far away from a real mod

As I see how much work, time and money some people have spent in some cases (PC cases that is :P).. That's the real modding - well, some came through insanely cheap and the cases still looked professional!
    (But that happens rarely..)

I don't want to start a war here (or even a fight) but it's really interesting to talk about all this
    If not for anything else, to see what people think about what modding really is hehe

Wet Sanded

the younger modder?

I think this has gotten a bit off topic. He asked whether we think the "modders" (no matter what the definition( as a whole have gotten progressively younger. I disagree with the notion that they are. I think that this is a common thing for that age group to get into. That's when I, and many more obviously, started prowling into these forums.

I remember when I first came here, as on many other PC modding forums, that there were dozens of pre-teens/teens. It's quite possible that they were even younger as legally they have to be 13 to even join a site like this.

Master Modder

the younger modder?

13?? wow learn sumit new every day i never knew that...anyway yea going way of topic, intresting but of topic lol is true what ya saying splitlip but look at how many "more" there are now, i remember a few years back when i first came to this forum i was only 18...i think lol but eitherway there wernt many people younger than me...now wel lol everywhere you go theres people younger than you modding! its just crazy really, i cant remember where but i saw some work from some chap who was 16, i think but either way it was amazing to see what the young lads mind chuckd out, its intresting id like to see a 16 year old throw there worklog this way, see what they can do PROPERLY!! woo! come on godslayer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information