Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Alright.. my laptops OS just killed itself and I dont have a disk for fixing Vista.. I was debating on putting ubuntu on the laptop but it keeps freezing wehn i try to install and I need drivers to install XP since it doesnt recognize the hard drive and I cant seem to find the drivers.

So I'm pretty much stuck with a dead laptop.. which I kinda need

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A205-S7468 ANy help getting this laptop running again is greatly appreciated

Need some help

Hmm, Vista, darn
    If it was XP wich killed itself I could maybe help you (depends on error though) but Vista.. I only know how to spell its name...

Clear Coat

Need some help

Alright.. my laptops OS just killed itself and I dont have a disk for fixing Vista..
    by killed itself, you mean what? it just won't boot anymore? BSOD?

You said that the XP install won't recognize the disk, could it be a hard drive problem? If you can, pull the hard drive out, and plug it into a desktop computer (its the standard SATA connector) if you have a dual core intel system, you might be able to boot the laptop's installation of vista.

Assuming you have another compuer with internet (you are posting from home, right?) you can "acquire" a copy of the vista disk you need, and just use it to reinstall with your CD-key.

Need some help

It boots but it freezes right before it gets to the log in screen and the hard drive is fine, I hooked it up to my main pc and it worked fine though.

I'm guessing like my old desktop the mobo originally used IDE hard drives but they upgraded it to SATA and it needs specific drivers.

Thread Information