Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: Tri-Box supported by DangerDen

Project: Tri-Box supported by DangerDen

Hey all well I am coping the updates until now from other forums

-------------------------

Project: Tri-Box

This is my second modding venture; however this is my first scratch build. Originally this was going to be a duel pc box with inspiration from Bills PCApex/ Pimp Rig Tribute but I revised this idea. I decided to take my steppes in modding one at a time. After four months of planning, I started Tri-Box.

I am going to be building in a few stages.

Stage One – Wood Work (Started)
    In Stage One I will be building the main box out of pine ((210mm*20mm (w*h)) this will contain all cuts except for the slots for the aluminium and acrylic.

Stage Two – Metal and Acrylic
    This is going to be the most time consuming part of the build but with any luck, it will look awesome. The aluminium and acrylic will be ‘wrapped’ round the box acting as a foot on the bottom and a symmetrical twin on the top. It will continue on the front to complete the look and to hide the obvious join on the back I will have a sheet of aluminium going from top to bottom. All aluminium will be brushed and the acrylic will be 5mm frosted green with illumination from LEDs imbedded in it.

Stage Three – Hardware and Water Cooling

I will be using this, as my main PC so will transfer my current components. I will also be installing a single water loop with a 360 radiator to cool both my CPU and GPU.

I started by marking out everything and then I learnt how to use the jig saw while cutting :P I have only finished cutting out the fan, vent, power supply and motherboard holes but they have all been cleaned up. The only holes cut are for the radiator as I do not know what I am getting as of yet.

The Images speak for themselves for the next bit.

Back

Front

Base

-------------------------------

Well I am home this week (I didn't think I would be, but anyway). I screwed the pieces together, I have sanded the sharp corners that were made because the wood is warped, and I have started painting the case. So stage One is nearly finished, am just looking for a template for a triple rad. I have also added another step to Stage Two.

the box

just to show you the warp

-----------------------

Hey all,

Well with me being on holiday and eagerly waiting to go to the USA I have been working on sketch up.

I have designed the external DVD drive and fan bus box as well as the point I want to reach before September (exams start again lol). So here is what I have come up with.

the front of the box

the back with power, reset and eject switches

from the front (including support/ lighting bars; excluding holes for rad because I do not know which I am going to use)

side view

---------------------------------------------------

Right one last update before I leave. It is another design update, I have completed the 3d model of Tri-Box.

The black is wood (pine as shell, and MDF for side panels all painted black), green is 5mm frosted green acrylic and the silver is 1.5mm aluminum / aluminum rod.

front and right side

back with right side

modular connection holes

Key
    1. 2.5mm audio jacks for temp sensors
    2. 3.5mm audio jacks for fans
    3. eSATA connectors for DVD drive
    4. Molex connector to power DVD drive and Kazemaster

well i am in the USA for 3 weeks so more update in about a month

questions and comments welcome

Welcome to Modders-Inc!

Looks like a great project you have there :-)

Very Nice. Looks like that should be pretty cool when it's done. Kinda big though but that's not a bad thing. Can't wait to see more progress.

BTW. Welcome to the forums.

looks like you are off to a good start.

Just remember, there is no such thing as a wooden case being too big, just look at mine in my signature.

Welcome to Modders-Inc!

Looks like a great project you have there :-)
    Thanks, I am hoping it is going to be awesome in a few month time

looks like you are off to a good start.

Just remember, there is no such thing as a wooden case being too big, just look at mine in my signature.
    Thanks, it is not actually that big it is the same size as a Coolermaster Cosmos

Very Nice. Looks like that should be pretty cool when it's done. Kinda big though but that's not a bad thing. Can't wait to see more progress.

BTW. Welcome to the forums.
    Thanks, I cannot wait to get back to this

It's looking great so far, and I can't wait to see more. Exactly how high will it be?

It's looking great so far, and I can't wait to see more. Exactly how high will it be?
    Thanks, it will be 733mm roughly (box is 680mm and the alu will ad the extra 53mm)

Hey all, well I was incredibly bored so I have been browsing forums and looking for new ideas on how to improve this project. While looking at the mod of the month entries for April on bit-tech, I stumbled upon the Sinuskurve by Sonnenschein. This is an awesome mathematical mod based on the sin curve, but also has a really cool light scheme. This inspired me to use white frosted acrylic instead of the green and create a custom control panel which will fit in between the DVD drive and fan controller. Because I cannot use sketchup on my mums laptop I have made a drawing in paint .

The controller will consist of four to six push switches (depending on how many colours I am going to have) with an aluminum round cut into discs which will be attached to a ON-OFF push switches (one for each colour of LED). The round will make the switch look more in theme with the rest of the case. To make the switches I am going to drill a 10mm hole in the alu surrounding the dvd box, this hole will have a small acrylic piece (probably 15mmx15mm) behind it which will have an LED the same colour as the LEDs the switch will be controlling. So in the diagram if the switch is controlling the orange leds the acrylic surrounding the alu round will be orange.

questions and comments are as always welcome

Hello all,

I would like to thanks the first sponsor of TriBox, DangerDen.

So have you made any progress on your case since the last pics update. I'd sure like to see some in process stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information