Thread: Motherboard Mount

Motherboard Mount

Hey Everyone, I'm Fireball and I'm a new member here. I'm new with modding, so please help me out.

I have a case that I want to mod. But the problem is that the side I want to mod, is facing the wrong way. The other side is the one near the motherboard mount. I want to know if there is a way to mount the motherboard on the other (left) side of the case.

I would really appreciate any help whatsoever.
    Thanx
    Fireball.

Motherboard Mount

Well modding means doing what it takes to get the look and results you want. Yes it can be done but that means you will have to turn the MB upside down and redo the back panel to match and so forth.

Motherboard Mount

sounds interesting. What case do you have? Can you take ?ics so we can get a better idea of what you are faced with.

Motherboard Mount

Posted by Fireball

I have absolutely no idea what kind of case it is. It's basically a "no name" case that Iv'e had for 5 years (no wonder it needs a makeover). Although I did see a "atx" printed inside the case. If I mount the motherboard Upside down on the left pane, I will need to cut out the Drive Bay & Powersupply, as well as cutting a new hole for the motherboard ports-faceplate. I suppose it can be done (and I would happily do it), but the problem is getting that around my dad. If I mess up, I'm stuck without a case, and hence, without a computer. By the way, anyone know what I can do to keep paint from being rubbed off a keyboard? I want to paint it (using spraypaint, my pockets arent deep enough for car-paint). Will this work?

Motherboard Mount

I have absolutely no idea what kind of case it is. It's basically a "no name" case that Iv'e had for 5 years (no wonder it needs a makeover). Although I did see a "atx" printed inside the case. If I mount the motherboard Upside down on the left pane, I will need to cut out the Drive Bay & Powersupply, as well as cutting a new hole for the motherboard ports-faceplate. I suppose it can be done (and I would happily do it), but the problem is getting that around my dad. If I mess up, I'm stuck without a case, and hence, without a computer.
    Personally if this is your only setup I would choose to wait until you have a spare case in the event you do run into problems, this is a pretty big task for a person relatively new to modding.

By the way, anyone know what I can do to keep paint from being rubbed off a keyboard? I want to paint it (using spraypaint, my pockets arent deep enough for car-paint). Will this work?
    With the amount of use a keyboard receives its about impossible to stop paint from wearing off. The best thing you can do is shoot a couple of layers of color and then several layers of clear over it, It will give you a little more material to wear through before going through the paint layers.

Thread Information