Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my EEE!

Clear Coat

Just got my EEE!

I got my eee 900 (4+16 for 20gb w/ linux) from UPS today...

I turned it on and played around a bit with the default OS... honestly, I think I am going to load up windows instead.

If anyone is interested, I will throw up some pictures and thoughts. This thing is SERIOUSLY small....

Just got my EEE!

Yes, Pic please! Awesome. Those things are so cool. Especially the newer ones. I really want one, I just can't figure out what the heck I need one for.

Just got my EEE!

Yes, Pic please! Awesome. Those things are so cool. Especially the newer ones. I really want one, I just can't figure out what the heck I need one for.
    My exact thoughts

Clear Coat

Just got my EEE!

heh -- I guess I will take some -- CDs seem to be the correct comparison size.

Clear Coat

Just got my EEE!

You cant tell because i used flash, and the screen is all the way down, but thats modders-inc on the screen.

Just got my EEE!

I saw the white model at a local BJ's (Wholesale Warehouse) and was intrigued by it's size. I hope you'll do a review of this.
    Either they sold very quickly or there was not much interest since they appeared to disappear rather abruptly?

Just got my EEE!

Wow! I have never heard of it before but it looks soooo small, I have never seen a laptop that tiny.

Just got my EEE!

I asked some one that might have tested one and he said

"The EeePC I tested had barely 2 hours of battery life w/ the WiFi on... and it was pokey. If they get the battery life up..."

I am pretty sure that they are intended just for email and light duty stuff, but they do sell them Vista already on them. Takes up like half the hard drive though...lol....well ok not that much but might as well.

Clear Coat

Just got my EEE!

well i know they have a version that comes with xp, but at least for the 900, it doesnt meet min requirements for vista basic. Maybe the new 901 or the 1000 (both have a 1.6ghz atom chip instead of a ULV 900mhz mobile chip) has vista....

My 900 came with linux because I had a spare copy of XP anyway, so i figured the extra 8gb of storage was worth it. Right now it looks like I can get pretty darn close to 3 hours with wifi on, and a reasonable brightness. The 900 series shipped with a variety of batteries, ranging from 4400mA to the 5800mA that mine came with. The original shipment had to go with smaller batteries, due to production shortages.

Just got my EEE!

Well I bit the bullet and got one myself. After many days and nights going through everything I could find I finally got the ASUS EeePC 1000HA (the MSI wind was a very close second). So far I LOVE IT! I will be doing a user type review soon on it.

Any other Netbook users out there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information