Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: picking the right spray paint!

Master Modder

picking the right spray paint!

ok guys...im painting a new case but, i need some good tips on colours....

i want to use metalic silver....

but, im stuck on an inside colour for the case...plus a third color for extra items such as fan bezels and such...so anyone with ideas??

razer out

Why so many colors? In my opinion if you use too many colors it looks less clean and tidy. I'd stick with one main color and an accent color. That looks pretty classy to me.

Black/ Silver, Blue / Silver and Red/ silver I think are the best combo's I've seen.

Master Modder

well, ive been thinking of white...but blue sounds nice its for p4storm....anyway could u pm/post links to mods which have them colour choices?? cheers

You could go with a really dark purple/blue with silver flake accents. That's what stormy looks like to me :P. I've seen what you have going on with that mod, and it's looking sweet, but I have a few other things to throw out there. I think it would be cool if you made the window leds sound activated, so that way the lightening would flash in time with the music. You could also use a shock sensitive controller, so when you bump the case it flashes at you. Grrr!

Master Modder

hey sweet idea bsl....any idea where i would get one of these LED controlers....? seems as ive already decided its going silver...the purple is out shame....

Here ya go. The only issue would be calibrating it so it's not always on, but even that wouldn't be too much of an issue. So the whole thing is going to be silver? That's cool. Are you thinking flake, or chrome?

Hi Razor, I'm not sure if this can be used for led's but I use it for my cold cathodes. It is fairly cheap at this place but if anyone knows of a cheaper place that has them in stock please chime in. If this module can not be used for led's then somebody please chime in as I would like to also know for educational purposes as I have never tried it for led's just cold cathodes.

They are $3.99 usd here:

http://www.xoxide.com/cocasoackit.html

Hope this helps.

Good posting which brings up a similar question to anyone here who's used anytype of sound controller. I recently added EL Lighting to my keyboard (exterior). I noticed whenever the controller (which is either always on or sound activated at a fick of a switch) emits a high frequencey sound but not quite a squeal.
    Anyone else seen or heard this or dealt with it?
    I was curious if there was an easy or quick fix without having to resort to boxing it up or covering the controller. Any insight is appreciated.

Well sh4rkbyt3, i would like to think that it is a defective sound activated module or a bad inverter as I have believe it or not 5 of the above linked sound activated controllers in my rig and I hear absolutely nothing from them, not a peep, wine, nothing. So you might want to try and buy another set and see what happens.

Ok cool, thanks V. I mean it seems to work well and everythign it's just that high frequency pitch sound? After a while it becomes somewhat annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information