Well you guys are in for a bit of a treat tonight (or is it day already?). As most of you know, AF and I are heading over to NVISION next month. During the discussions on our workshop I was asked if I could do a simple mod for Thermaltake for a display case. My initial thought was "Crap! I really don't have the time to put in on another mod for the event". During the conversation, it was stated that it would only need to be something relatively simple.
The first thing that popped in my head was "hey, why not do like most other manufactures and do a simple Nvidia Themed case?" which would be pretty easy to pull off (thinking of the Cooler Master, Antec, etc cases that have been on the market for a while). While still talking things over I took a quick look at TT's site and decided that we would go with the XaserVI Series case.
We decided to use the all black version with the meshed sides. I really didn't have a lot to plan on doing this mod, other than doing a complete break down and some painting. So when it arrived at the door Thursday afternoon, I spent the majority of Thursday evening taking off every part. I had it down, and had all the parts ready to paint for Friday.
I then spent Friday and Saturday going through the paint, sit, and wait process . By Saturday evening I had the majority of the parts painted and was able to start putting things back together while waiting for the other parts to dry.
I wanted a break from sanding and polishing aluminum anyways . I have roughly 2 weeks left to get my mod finished so I figured why the hell not just knock the majority of this mods work this weekend. The tid bits can be slipped in while I am in between jobs on my mod. I have one panel to sand, fit, and polish, another to sand and polish followed up with doing the case lighting and wiring. So I figured I would be tighter on time toward the end of that 2 week period than I am right now.
So here come the assembly pictures .
I went ahead and slipped in a couple of Green LEDs in place of the Blue ones on the upper front piece. There are a couple more under neath the cover on the top winged piece. If my LEDs make it in time, I will replace those as well.
So I went through tonight and did finished the reassembly of the case (at least the parts that I would be using). This is not a commissioned mod like the previous few that I have done. Its simply going to be the start of a mod that I will have showcased at their booth at Nvision. There was talks about giving it away at the event, but as of right now its going to have my E8400 build in it, so it wont go easily :twisted: .
I do plan to do a little more as time permits. I wanted to get the main parts done and have it ready to slip in the box just in case my mod takes me longer than I have planned. The event isn't till Aug 25th, but I will be leaving here on the 19th, and will be shipping my case out around the 11th. So It will totally depend on how things go from here on out. I plan to mount the hardware later today after I get up from a nap .