Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modding competition in 2009

Modding competition in 2009

Ok guys I got a question and it will really give us an insight on helping bring something really big to the Case Modding Community. We really need to hear from a lot of modders so bring your friends over here and have them put in their comments.

When Modders-Inc goes to NVISION08 there will be some talk about putting together a Case Modding Competition Circuit. What this would be is through-out the year there will be events to go through out the US to enter your cases into a competition. This will give you the chance to earn the right to go and compete at the Grand Championship.

What you? you say...can this be real...well it could happen and with the backing of NVIDIA and CPU Mag it can get that much closer.

I have a few general question to ask to start it all off...Please be upfront and truthful as your comments could help bring this to life.

A) Is this something that you would REALLY go to too either participate or view.

B) How far would you REALLY travel to an event?

C) IF you were thinking about going would the prizes to be won ( Money and or hardware) be the deciding factor?

D) I would go to the event because....

E) I would not go to the event because....

Thanks everyone!

Master Modder

id luv to go...view and enter but being in the uk...well i cant

but id defo go if i had transport

Master Modder

A) Is this something that you would REALLY go to too either participate or view. Yes.

B) How far would you REALLY travel to an event? One tank of gas, about 400 miles.

E) IF you were thinking about going would the prizes to be won ( Money and or hardware) be the deciding factor? No but it would be nice.

C) I would go to the event because.... to see new people and friends.

D) I would not go to the event because.... not having the money.

A) Is this something that you would REALLY go to too either participate or view.

Yes it would

B) How far would you REALLY travel to an event? I'm with em3bilko on this on. about 400 miles.

E) IF you were thinking about going would the prizes to be won ( Money and or hardware) be the deciding factor?

probably not. More so of do I have the cash to go. and do I have the cash to compete.

C) I would go to the event because....

I have a rig I think could win, I know a bunch of people there and would enjoy the company. There is lots of stuff to do there.

D) I would not go to the event because....

It is too far away, I have no money to go, I have no Rig to show off or the event is lame.

I think we are all too poor to compete in this circuit. :lol: :? :cry:

Yes.

Not far. I would go to an in-seattle event just fine, but it's kind of hard to drag me out of city.

E) IF you were thinking about going would the prizes to be won ( Money and or hardware) be the deciding factor?

Yes, the prizes would definitely a huge factor.

Prizes, seeing things.

Distance/cost, lack of prizes

Yes and to view other great Modz and show off my Modz

San Jose, CA and Las Vegas

Money and Hardware is always a PLUS

To check out the new products that all the vendors came to bring and the Booth Babes ;

They had no Booth Babes and the price was to High!

Yes and yes if at all possible.

Maybe 750 miles ... just depends.

E) IF you were thinking about going would the prizes to be won (Money and or hardware) be the deciding factor?
    Money and Hardware are always high on the list of hopeful expectations.

To participate, see other mods, see new products vendors have = free goodies of course, pick up new ideas, meet other modders, and to just plain have fun.

It was just too expensive, either getting there or to be there. Also, if the event had none of the above to offer.

Show my work and view others

I would only travel on the west coast

its always nice to get the cash and hardware but showing off a top notch rig is the best

I love hanging with other modders!

I can't always have a mod ready to go!

Rod

I would like to go to socialize, view, sell, compete in that order. yes, I would be interested in an exhibit booth if it was available

I would travel about 1 tank of gas (300 miles) to visit and view.
    Because of the size of Seizure and setup required I probably would not participate unless there was a REALLY compelling reason. What do you think Stealth? would you travel around with The Desk!!!

Give me a trophy and we'll call it even. Cash equals more contenders which is a good thing but not neccesarily for me.

Press and media would be the deciding factor. if the big name mags and website editors where there, I would be more compelled to go. I'd also like to meet fellow modders in person, learn and talk shop.
    My computer is just too damn big. If I sell Seizure, I plan to build a "probable version". stay tuned....

I hope that helps

Wet Sanded

I'm not going to bother rewriting all of the questions. All of my answers are the same as em3's.
    Booth babes are also important.

I think that everyone that can make it into the final grand championship (aka teh uber modder kingz ) should get free transportation if they need it. Which really would only apply to me and tribal over kill (who only lives like a half hour from me). All the rest of the big name case modders seem to be South/Central USA or West Coasters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information