Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible artifacts? help :(

Master Modder

possible artifacts? help :(

right so...my 8800gt ko edition is laying up...i think, ive done loads of testing....heres a just a list of what i have done,

restarted, checked to see if i have any before i boot into the O/S which i dont,
    played games, fine
    dvds, fine
    ati demo thing, fine
    furmark, fine

so....standered desktop....NOT FINE! nope no way...

i get little red dots all over dark colours...but when i scroll downt he page, they go with a the picture? odd huh..and a the side on my scroll bar thing theres little blue dots everywhere....which move as i scroll up and down, now i have changed drivers alot, and never uninstalled my old ones...but i dual boot with xp so i went into xp which has never had a driver change, and yes i still have the same problem, so anyone else got any ideas? i thought it was overheating but i guess its not...

A lame guess on my part but it sounds like a driver issue within XP?

Since the pixels move that eliminates stuck or dead pixels from the monitor so the only thing left would be the drivers?

Wet Sanded

Did you try changing the desktop image? Maybe it's just the picture itself. And maybe some after market color schemer put dots on the scroll bar. Haha. Farfetched, but it's all I have.

Master Modder

ive tryed both of them, tryed it in xp and vista, ive changed drivers no end of times, but the artifacts seem to come on nearly all webpages even on my start menu.....

If your dual booting or using a dual operating system on the same computer I'd suggest removing one of them (most likely Vista). That's the only thing left I can think of that would cause problems and having seen Vista's record for interferences and non-workingness.....

Master Modder

hm i havent tryed that one yet...will do that tomoz as im of to bed right now lol cheers...

Cheers my friend, I hope it works for you.

Master Modder

ok, deleted my dual boot....didnt solve problem...HOWEVER!.....a friend of mine from the nation, suggested it could possibly be my memory...so ive removed one of the geil sticks and so far....not a single red or blue pixel for over 2 hours now....i dont want it to be my memory but i would prefer it was the memory stick as not only will i finaly know what is causing the problem but its cheaper to replace mem rather the the gpu!! thanks for the support guys...will update on this soon....and if anyone feels like it, suggest some memory i easily have £80 to spank on some the mobo is a 680i :P

Master Modder

right this is weird...i tested all 3 sticks of my memory, there all fine! yep i even pulled each stick and did a little test but heres the funny thing....

i would open the browser, make it so its not maximized but so i can still view it...

i then maximize it....

little red and blue dots start to appear, hm,

so then i click the start button.....

and they all go!!!!

i then restore the window back down again, and guess what...

its all ok again,
    i mean what the hell guys anyone EVER had this problem? its not the memory, it cant be my new psu, the gpu has been tested and tested, ive even taken it out and tryed a different one, ive gone to the point of BUYING 4gb sticks of xms memory...thinking it was my memory! oh well new memory but still i mean damn....im so stuck here and the only thing i can think of is my motherboard......but how am i ment to find it out, help

Master Modder

ok...after god knows how many problems i have had trying to figure this out...heres the long story short lol....

i bought a new gpu...

how sweet yay

i even bought new memory...4gb of xms ddr800......

and do you want to know what the problem was all along??

my stupid dvi cable was damaged :x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information