Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgraing parts on my rig

upgraing parts on my rig

well i just ordered some new parts for a upgrade on my rig which is a socket a duron 901 ghz to a socket 478 Intel Celeron d 3.06 ghz here a link to what one i got http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1965299&CatId=0
    i also changed my ram from 2x128mb ddr to 2x256mb here is a link to what one i got http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1283675&CatId=0
    i also upgraded my hdd from a 20gig to a 80gig hdd
    and the last thing that i got was a new case which i am going to a work log on.it is a mid-tower which has 4x5.25in bays and 6x3.5 bays and it has front USB Ports and front Audio Ports here is a link to what case i gothttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1779365&CatId=0.
    ill do a work log on it when i get everything in because i am going to mod it alot got alot of plans in my head right now to do to it i hope yall going to like this new mod i am going to be doing

mad_mod_man

upgraing parts on my rig

Cool on the parts... Looks like a good jump from what you had in there..

Not a big fan of tiger....

upgraing parts on my rig

i havent never had any probs before with tiger and the mail-in rebates.but i like the stuff i ordered but ill be doing a work log on it when i get everything because i ordered a case and i am going to mod until i cant mod it anymore lol

mad_mod_man

upgraing parts on my rig

Nice upgrade there...a fair increase over what you had before! As far as TD goes, I personally wouldn't order from TD based on their history of complaints about rebates...too many out there, i'd rather go with newegg, etc.

upgraing parts on my rig

thanks guys ill keep yall updated

upgraing parts on my rig

Meh, If you really want to upgrade, Youd want a socket 939 (or 775 if your an Intel fan), as that will give lots of room left for future upgrades. I reccomend 1 GB of RAM for EVERY computer these days. 512 just dosent cut it anymore for any gaming. Good move on the HD though.

Hope you have fun modding.

upgraing parts on my rig

for one i am not intel fan i am a amb fan.the ram is good for me i dont play games really i only play csi once and a blue moon

upgraing parts on my rig

I agree with -PC- and Prototype, you're making a big jump from your previous system. Even being a Celeron, it's a 3GHz machine damnit!

upgraing parts on my rig

I agree with -PC- and Prototype, you're making a big jump from your previous system. Even being a Celeron, it's a 3GHz machine damnit!
    Yes a big jump, but 3Ghz dosent mean ANYTHING for a CPU. Theres a WHOLE whack of factors involved in a CPU and how good it is, I mean, a 3.0 Ghz Fx-60 will beat out a 4.0 Ghz Intel Any day.

upgraing parts on my rig

I think you didn't get my point. He just upgraded to a way better system than the previous one. Do we agree on that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information