Thread: Air conditioning CPU

Air conditioning CPU

Since my last horrendous bout with building ended abruptly I was wondering if I could get a few educated opinions here on a few of the best CPU fans for a socket 939 Opteron proccy?
    I'm definitely planning on OC'ing it and want something better than stock but not outrageously priced. I've been looking at a few of the Thermaltake copper core fans and I'd like some thoughts on any others that people here may have used in the past that were worthy of a look.

I also checked out the Blue Orb II at a few different places and had some very wide reviews on it so I'm eliminating that one from my list for now.

Clear Coat

Air conditioning CPU

The zalman series is always a solid bet, I used a copper/aluminium flower style heatsink on my 939, and it worked great. The CNPS ones get great reviews almost everywhere. I really like the reviews that AF, Tazz and the team do, here are some of the ones that I would buy (if I needed one/had money to spare)

Air conditioning CPU

I use the Zalman Fatality on my FX57 and it keeps it super cool. I would go with the cheaper copper version and skip the red. Unless that suits you of course.

Air conditioning CPU

Hmm I'm kinda leaning towards this one

The gemini's design flat out scares me because it looks so fragile.

Thread Information