Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Log for Tea.Bag-3

Project Log for Tea.Bag-3

Initial post for the "Tea.Bag-3" Case mod. (the name is tea.bag[cubed] but no superscript here)

This case mod is a very complex electronically lit and software controlled 3x3x3 cube much like a small hand held puzzle game that was very popular in the 1980's.
    The six sided cube will sit on a end point exposing all 6 sides to the view each of the 54 elements will be lit by RGB Led's.
    Control will come from the high end gaming system contained inside the cube with a custom application that interfaces with the lighting controllers.

A big part of this project is the team that I've assembled to work on this complex case mod Team Members include [TB]HumanShield,[TB]4K1R4, [TB]D4RK N1NJ4 ,[TB]Robes, [TB]Squared and me ( [TB]Rod )
    Every member will be very key in completing this project challenges in this project include 200+ RGB LED's 54 individually controlled circuits at least 12 custom milled pieces of aluminum. We will continue to post more updates as the project develops here are a couple of the sketches from our 3D artist 4K1R4.

More to come soon......

Team Tea.Bag

Ambitious. I like it.

Here is the URL for the Panel in Sketch Up

and The first time re ran the SW interface...(Bad Sound)

COOL! A Rubic's Cube that can solve itself. :-)

We have almost finished design and can start cutting some aluminum!!!

Video link....
    http://www.youtube.com/v/KAefjNYa5-U

Master Modder

now this should be intresting!!!! on with the updates!!!

Primered

I hope someday MI will put some of the other CPU Mag modders on the recognitions page They have your cover Rod but do not have you credited. . .

Here is the schematic for the PCB designed by [TB]HumanShield. We will be using 53 of these for each element of the cube minus the touch screen.

Rod

I hope someday MI will put some of the other CPU Mag modders on the recognitions page They have your cover Rod but do not have you credited. . .
    Ah, where did that comment come from? This is rodrosenberg's worklog...please excuse me a second rodrosenberg.
    The Recognition page was create to, well I hate to say it, but self promote Modders-Inc and a few of its staff members. You are correct that we need a way to help promote modders rigs and the exposure they receive. We do have the Featured Rigs section but I don't think that is quite what we need to promote others stuff. This has been a topic for awhile, but do to work loads it been on the back burner.

Sorry...back on topic

Ah, where did that comment come from? This is rodrosenberg's worklog...please excuse me a second rodrosenberg.
    The Recognition page was create to, well I hate to say it, but self promote Modders-Inc and a few of its staff members. You are correct that we need a way to help promote modders rigs and the exposure they receive. We do have the Featured Rigs section but I don't think that is quite what we need to promote others stuff. This has been a topic for awhile, but do to work loads it been on the back burner.

Sorry...back on topic
    Sorry .... I must stray back off just a sec.

The reason that cover image is there on the recognition page is not because of Rod's rig (although nice), it is there to give recognition to AmericanFreak's article in that issue of the magazine. Next time read the text beside the picture before assuming what it is lol.

Sorry Rod and AF, now back on track.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information