Thread: A story that you may find funny....

A story that you may find funny....

Ok, so... Deuce's motherboard finally gave up and quit on me.

Long and slow decline, it was the original motherboard that I purchased for SLI. Asus A8N SLI Deluxe. First I lost the sound, then one of the LAN nic's.... then the other. Then I could not get into the BIOS... blah blah blah....

So, after a few days of attempted repairs, because we all hate pulling our rigs apart, I finally give in and scrap the motherboard.
    "If I am going through the trouble of pulling the motherboard, I damn well should update it some, and not just keep it on the same technical level."

I pull the motherboard and CPU that are in waiting for my son's machine that is to be built in the next few months and get them installed. Use the time to clean out one of the water loops, pull apart the CPU block and clean it... add in some tube coils, and two toned the water (blue on the CPU and Green on the video). Also pulled my hard drives and replaced the boot drive with an OEM 80GB Raptor, and a 1TB Seagate.

All that said, after reassembly, reinstall of the OS, etc... working after hours... Deuce has been in the garage for about 1.5 weeks, and I was getting tired of piggy backing on their machines.

So, after 1.5 weeks, I bring the rig into the house, plug everything in, and it works like a champ! WOO HOO!!!

SItting at my desk reloading MS Office to get my Outlook back on... I hear a CRRAKCK! and all of the sudden, I am on the floor looking at the bottom of my desk....
    "WTF??!?!"

My beloved Herman Miller Aeron chair *broke* last night! The seat bed snapped on the left side Still not sure what caused it, as I bought the C type which is rated for people heavier than I... but still!!!

Come ON!!! I am dying to get back on to my machine... and my freakin uber chair gives up on me!!!

I am thinking that God does not want me online for a while!

Thankfully, the chair is warranty covered, supposedly.

All I wanna do is use my machine, and I finally get it to the point where it is going to be a pleasure.... and my friggen CHAIR dies!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you are a Giant man. I'm surprised you don't take Babe your big blue ox and go carve a redwood into a chair. What are you using for a desk the roof of a 2 story house?

http://www.fiveoclockbot.com/blog/images2/paul_bunyan_10.JPG
    [web]http://www.fiveoclockbot.com/blog/images2/paul_bunyan_10.JPG[/web]

Well you are a Giant man. I'm surprised you don't take Babe your big blue ox and go carve a redwood into a chair. What are you using for a desk the roof of a 2 story house?
    LOL!!!

You are funny...

Master Modder

ahahaha! sorry but i would of fell on the floor laughing if i was there lol

Thread Information