Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ExtremeTech's Case Mod

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

ExtremeTech's Case Mod Contest is back. And it begins Saturday, April 11.

For three years running, we ran a case mod contest, and had some really great mods. Last year, due to logistical issues, and tweaking the site redesign, we skipped the contest. But now it's back.

This year, it's being sponsored by Newegg, that Internet store that seems to sell almost every PC component imaginable. Certainly all the ExtremeTech analysts have bought some item of gear from Newegg at one time or another.

In a nutshell, you need to supply us with:

* A brief writeup of your case mod or custom case design (no more than 300 words).
    * It has to have been built within the past year.
    * Photos of the case. The more pictures, the better!
    * Send your entries to: PCModContest@extremetech.com

The complete set of rules, along with instructions on how to enter is on our Case Mod Contest Rules Page.

Contest Page

Master Modder

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

cool, shame i havent finshed my mod huh? uk weather hey grr, still will we get to see the enteries?

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

Sure would like to see a Modders-Inc Member take home one of the prizes. If you got something to enter please do so!

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

IIRC. ExtremeTech winners tend to slant toward the more "out of the box"/scratch build types of computers.

Best of luck to all who enter!

Primered

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

IIRC. ExtremeTech winners tend to slant toward the more "out of the box"/scratch build types of computers.

Best of luck to all who enter!
    no one does that stuff . . . .if you do not mod a pre-built case you ain't squat well, at least if you look at the CPU Mag covers that are shown here

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

no one does that stuff . . . .if you do not mod a pre-built case you ain't squat well, at least if you look at the CPU Mag covers that are shown here
    Sounds like you might be a little biased? Did your mod not make it because it didn't look like a PC?

CPU is a magazine about computers, and needs to reflect that. Mags normally show what they are about on the covers. They are trying to grab the consumers eyes with the cover pic, and in order to grab the right crowd, it's only logical that the PC on the cover look like a PC.

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

I just entered my case the Vashaun Elite. Just barely made it though with my case as their rules say it has to be built after April 11, 2008 and mine was finished in may 2008.

Any one else here going to enter? If so which cases?

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

Deuce may go in if that is the rules.... I "finished" it up around August/Sept of last year, that would qualify.

Master Modder

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

i would want to enter pipeline but i belive i finshed it to early and not to mention some of the case there would whoop it lol

ExtremeTech's Case Mod

I just finished my Cuda 440 case, so it's getting entered

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information