Thread: Need help Modding

Need help Modding

Hello,

I am a computer builder but Unfortunately am not a Modder.

I purchased a Lian Li PC-343B Modular case and want to Mod/change the internal cages that hold all the 5.25" drive bays. I thought I could just hire a metal worker & have them do what I was thinking but after 2 of them I am getting no where. It is very difficult to explain my needs here, but in summary just a easier way to add & remove the Devices, because the initial design of the cages in that case make it near impossible to get things in & out & have them aligned up in the front. I "would think" that something like this would be easy to make/do especially for the extremely talented Modders I see on this website.

Ideally what I would like is if someone who by chance who lives in or near North New Jersey to give me call & possibly come by so I can explain what I want done & I can pay them of course to do the work.

Please let me know & I hope this gets to someone that can help.

Thank you
    Jeff

Need help Modding

Well the alignment problem I can understand seeing that Lian-Li decided to use slots rather than pre-drilled holes. Although making new cages with pre-drilled holes (which would solve the alignment problem) is possible. It would also be very tedious trying to attempt it with the basic hand tools.

As far as the getting the devices in and out goes. Really their setup is pretty minimal. So I assume that you're talking with everything installed in the case. Could you post pics of the innards (cage angles) so that we can see what kind of constraints you have at the moment. Short of making the cages shorter, which will have a negative side to it (devices won't be held in as well), I can't think of anything that will alleviate a problem with installing devices.

Need help Modding

Hi Tazz

Thank you for the response

It is very complicated to explain even with pics. Also I dont have the correct tools nor know how.

I am looking to hire someone to do this for me.

Any chance you are located near NJ ?

Anyone else ?

Thank you
    Jeff

Need help Modding

Do you mean this one?

Inside of case

I have insides of the Coolermaster 590 case. I can get the infomation about spacing and alignment of screws?

Need help Modding

Thank you for the response

Yes that is the case BUT

It is very complicated to explain even with pics. Also I dont have the correct tools nor know how.

I am looking to hire someone to do this for me.

Any chance you are located near NJ ? I would need someone to come here so I can explain & then do the work.

Anyone else ?

Thank you
    Jeff

Need help Modding

I don't think anyone lives in the NJ area that I recall. Your best bet at the moment is to try and explain everything as detailed as you can with a few photos so that we can get an idea. I am sure someone (several creative modders here) can help to find a working solution that might be easier to outsource than trying to find a modder that lives in NJ.

Need help Modding

Hi Tazz,

Thank you for the response again.

But even if I could somehow explain everything here, I would still need someone to do the work, as I dont have any good tools, nor the nohow.

But by any chance would you be open for a phone conversation, so I can try to explain over the phone (would be easier) & then maybe perhaps if you have any suggestions I can try & relay that to a Metal Worker in my area ?

Or if not I guess I will see if I get lucky if I can find someone in NJ, NY, PA, etc, as I am close to them as well.

Thank you
    Jeff

Master Modder

Need help Modding

im sure you could send your case to someone who would be able to mod it for you, although count me out im way to far away lol but i am intrested to see how this all works....

Need help Modding

I'm actually close to South Jersey but I'm booked up with computer jobs right now til late next week and northern Jersey, ugh.

Sounds as though all you need Janteby is a drill and a tap and die set. Maybe a punch if you want to recess the threads a little.

Need help Modding

Hi sh4rkbyt3

Thank you for the response, but I want someone to hire to do the job, its too long to explain here.

If you would be willing to talk on the phone I can explain this whole mess & perhaps you would be interested in coming up here to do the work.

If not, I am not giving up hope yet, is their anyone else out there would would be willing to talk so I can hire them.

Thank you
    Jeff

Thread Information