Thread: My new truck!

My new truck!

Well .. I've held out as long as I can ... after 20 years and 200,000 miles, I guess it's time to retire my much faithful onroad and offroad vehicle, 1989 Chevrolet 4X4 pickup, 5.7L 200HP, 5 speed manual, 14 to 15mpg

2009 Chevrolet 4X4 pickup, 5.3L 310HP, 4 speed auto (they don't make a 1/2 ton manual trans) The engine can switch to 4 cylinders and up to 19mpg, also has the ability to run 85% ethanol

It's a great truck, I got a smoking deal but I already miss heel & toeing my old 5 speed manual
    ... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/DonBeary/Drive/

Clear Coat

My new truck!

awww.... always sucks to give up a daily driver.

I feel you on the manual tranny. Wish I could have my old 86 corolla back.

My new truck!

haha, nice link. YOu should have bought this one. would have been sweet!!

Man, I've never had a car that long. I usually keep mine a few years and get a different one. I'm fickle with cars I suppose. Plus I wreck em. :lol:

My new truck!

haha, nice link. YOu should have bought this one. would have been sweet!!

Man, I've never had a car that long. I usually keep mine a few years and get a different one. I'm fickle with cars I suppose. Plus I wreck em. :lol:
    I own half of the Ferret , does that count? LOL

It's better than owning an old restored car ... why? ... cause it's got 1/2" armor, hatches, periscopes, a turret, and best of all ... it's street legal and I can drive it whenever I want to!

My new truck!

That's friggin awesome. I'd totally drive it to work every day. LOL

My new truck!

I've put some miles on the truck and it's gitting an average of 15mpg in town with no freeway driving
    that's no big deal but it amazes me that on last weekends 120mile trip it averaged 18 freeway mpg, and I've seen 19mpg on a 25 mile trip ... not bad for a full size 4X4 with a 310hp V8

My new truck!

Nice truck. A half ton is a little small for me though. Also it's not a diesel Does have one thing going for it though. It has the long box. I have a 01 Chevy 2500HD with Duramax and love the truck but the short box can be a pain at times.

Thread Information