Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Work log for THE AZCS.CO.UK BLACK THUNDER AKA RB

Work log for THE AZCS.CO.UK BLACK THUNDER AKA RB

[align=center] hello fellow modders.

i have had tis idea in my head for a wile now just never had the time to get things going with building the new azcs.co.uk website and doing some interviews with some of the mi team. the reason for this mod is to show my appriciation to the drink as its helped with the new site build after drinking god knows how meny cans (lol)

so now its time to start.
    first i started thinking about what i was going to do then i had a idea of building two cases together since i got about 6 just kicking about. i had a look on the net to see if any one had done this before but with no joy i could not find anything like what i wanted so i was doing this on my own.

first things first i started striping down the two case i was going to use that was the easy bit.

next thing was "how the hell am i going to fix these cases togehter. so i had a little look about and came across some "metal gue" and for some reason i though that that was going to work, lol

so i went out and got some TWO PART EPOXY RESIN and went into the "work shop" our spair bedroom.
    i got the two cases laying on there sides next to each other and stared to "glue" one of the cases on the edges quickly as it said on the pack it sets in 5 mins. when i finshed gluing i quickly got the other case and layed it ontop of the glued case and clamped it were i could and got some bricks and put them on top.

now on the pack it sets in 5 mins so i thought i would leave it for 16 hours just to be on the safe side.

the next day i went back to the "work shop" and took off the bricks and clamps and tryed to pick it up and it slowly came apart. before it all fell apart i put it back down and clamped it back up.

NOW WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO!!

i had to go out "shopping" with the misses and wile i was out i found a riveter kit right then i knew i had to have it. after something like 4 hours shopping with the misses "thanks" i managed to get back home to the "workshop" with both cases clamped up i started to drill some holes 11 in total all down the sides of the cases and started to use the riveter kit.

i cant beleave i didnt use it in the first place. this is what i got

come to www.azcs.co.uk for all the latest updates. next week i will be spraying the case and getting ready to cut the perspx pannels.home

here is a little tease of what it looks like now so far!!!

what you think so far?

come on what you think of the idea? im looking to have the side pannel open when you press a button.

ok ppl ill be spraying soon and fixing it up

well today i went out "shopping" with the misses and picked up two big cans of spray paint, i got 1 can of white (for the base) and a can of black mat for top coat,

when we got back i got all set up in the "workshop" put the case on a small table with wheels so i could spin it around when im spraying.i then gave the case a good clean out from all the dust and crap. then started to use the white. as i was putting the first coat on i found it quite hard to get into some places and i wished the i had though about spraying it before i joined the cases, nerver the less i still managed to get into every nook and cranny. this was about 10.30am when i finished doing first coat i left it for about 40 mins and went back to it and put another coat on it. i did this another two times then i left it for about two hours to dry.

next was prob the best bit of spraying the frame as i have not seen one black before, it was the same as before with 3 coats to get a nice smooth finish. and so far thats as far as i have got today. i have got my hinges for the side pannel i now need to think about how i can get it to open with a single push of a button and the same to close it, lol

next i have have to put my plex frame around the case frame so that i have something for my plex to fix onto with small screws so that if i ever need to get in i can without smashing it to bits,

anyway i will update some pics on here when i have updated the AZCS.CO.UK website with the latest.

im always up for comments about this and any ideas you have.
    or if you think its a load of rubbish just say.

AZBO.

Well I certeinly think it is a very good idea I can't wait for more updates and pics! Good luck! Please look at my latest project: Bravo Alpha Zero in the worklog section

Oh I forgot to say about the website...well it ain't exactly the best or the worst website but it has alot to work on...too busy, a bit untidy in the middle so make a bit more space in between because I just can't see what to look at first but worst of all takes 2 witdths of a normal website... I suggest using a free template until you make a good one yourself. Also change the fonts and colours! But I think that you could leave it like that it's not thet bad to be honest (colours and font). Just the green is a bit too showing often and is a bit vicious. I don't tell you that because I want to disheart you or say it's a bad idea but only to help you so please don't take offence.

i take all comments and hope to be able fix any problems. thank you for showing your intrest and for your comments. i will have pics up in about 5 mins

That would be great! I can't wait! btw I registered on your site. The idea of joining 2 cases is original and I hope you do well!

well thank you, i hope i can get more people to come up with some crazy ideas for mods, im trying to find out about some kind of automatic door for it. lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information