Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QuakeCon 09 UPDATE !!! MI will be there!!

QuakeCon 09 UPDATE !!! MI will be there!!

That is right Modders-Inc will be at QuakeCon 09 with a case modding workshop on the main stage. On August Saturday 13th we will be doing a fun filled and informative workshop about our favorite subject Case Modding! Not only will we be talking about and showing you how you can create a case mod, but will will be giving away tons of stuff that are donated by your favorite computer vendors. If you plan on attending QuakeCon this year please make sure that you attend the workshop and get your chance to win some great prizes and maybe a chance to participate in a modding contest on the main stage with us!

It would be great to meet up with a few more people there and maybe have a modders get together?

If you guys go I'm going to have to make an honest effort for once.

Really?... Well that might just confirm my yes.

Plano, Texas

I *will* be there. I Have already taken the days off work. (frikken strong martini has me retyping everything I write.... me and the back space key are becoming long lost pals... LOL!)

mmmmm maarrrtiiiini. *hic*

Plano, Texas

No hic ups.... just gratuitous use of the Firefox spell checker!

Gaylord Texan to Host Event on Previously Scheduled Dates

MESQUITE, Texas – June 29, 2009 – id Software and the QuakeCon organization today announced that QuakeCon 2009, the ultimate video game festival, party, and tournament, is changing venues to the Gaylord Texan, located just north of Dallas. The four-day event will occur over the previously scheduled dates of August 13 – 16, 2009. The Gaylord Hotel was the site of the two largest previous QuakeCon events in 2004 and 2005. As always, the event is FREE and open to the public thanks to the support of id Software, the QuakeCon volunteer staff, and the 2009 event sponsors and exhibitors.

“The Gaylord Texan is a perfect venue for QuakeCon and we’re excited to have even more space and greater resources to deliver a bigger BYOC, better exhibitor area, and totally new events and entertainment for everyone that joins in the excitement,” said Todd Hollenshead, president of id Software. “We know the magnitude of this announcement, but we haven’t lost a step in planning for the biggest and best QuakeCon yet.”

QuakeCon will once again feature the largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN party in North America - with spots for 3,000 gamers to hook their systems up and play on our world-class network. Of course, it wouldn’t be QuakeCon without the drama and intensity of the big-money pro tournaments, which will exclusively feature Duel and Capture the Flag competitions using id Software’s new free-to-play, web-based multiplayer game QUAKE LIVE –

Whether you come for the BYOC and competitions, or just stop by to get a peek at the games people will be talking about next year, QuakeCon offers non-stop fun and entertainment. The world’s leading gaming and technology companies will be on hand to showcase their latest hardware and software in the exhibit hall, including exclusive looks at id Software’s own anticipated games Wolfenstein and RAGE. In addition to the pro tournament prize money, more than $60,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to lucky attendees through various contests and drawings, and every day of QuakeCon will be packed with activities, announcements and parties.

Attendees who made reservations at the Hilton Anatole Hotel will have their reservation at the Anatole automatically cancelled, and will be required to make a new reservation at the Gaylord Texan at an equal or lesser rate. id Software and The Gaylord Texan are in the process of finalizing the transition of venue, and the hotel will begin taking room reservations for QuakeCon 2009 very shortly – please continue to check for more information on when and how to make reservations. Pre-registering for QuakeCon 2009 is recommended for reserving a seat in the BYOC, but QuakeCon is open to the public and free for all attendees.

More exciting details and announcements about QuakeCon 2009 will follow. Visit to get the latest information.

Good thing I did not make my hotel reservations yet

Hmmm... id acquired and now a move to a larger and I think much better place...I wonder if this will be the last one?

Guess I will have to go to find where is that vacation request form? :wink:

So the gaylord is a positive thing? They sold out of rooms - can't hold all the byoc participants on site?

Best QuakeCon ever; why can't Quakecon pay LAST YEAR's winners before hosting another one?
    This is like the third year in a roll that QuakeCon has stiffed their winners - which seems lame to me.

This whole last minute change of venue and the lack of them payin' there winners - has me wanting to boycott them.

Glad you guys made onto the main stage - Cool! Maybe I'll see you there... maybe I'll boycott - have ta see.

Oh man they did it again!? We never got our prize $ either. Truthfully we are doing it because we got asked by someone at NVIDIA and it will be our pleasure to do it for them as they have helped us out so much. As for the QC mod thing it is so said that they have done that again and again. I even got an email from Todd H saying that he was going to take tare of it himself and nothing ever became of it. It could really be one of the best modding competitions in the US it they would just let someone else run it.

BUT there is always the next NVISION and I have a feeling it will be an awesome event for the modders!

Oh man they did it again!? We never got our prize $ either.
    I know this isn't the place for this discussion - but we need to unify and start calling attention to this. Quakecon is getting a lot of press about the postiives - but no one is reporting that they don't pay their "winners" which they are using for press / pictures / profit.

They did pay the modders because they just gave us "swag" - no money. In this case; last year - they didn't even pay at least one quickdraw winner their $1k.
    That's retarted. That's the whole point of their big purse(s) / contests.

Their forum admins are censoring any posts about this issue on their forum. Deleteing posts. or at least locking them. Sweeping it under the rug.

Someone should post a blog / article and Digg it... and notify the gamming sites which might actually report something.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information