Thread: How do you get over someone?

How do you get over someone?

ok, so yea, i need some advice. my girlfriend of nearly a year left me, without a good reason. basically she kept me hanging on just saying she neede a break, then she finally said its over for good. she wouldnt talk it through with me, she wont talk about it at all, and i asked her if there was someone else and she said no. until one of her friends told me that she said she liked the only other boy in the school who is like me, just younger. i told here, but even now she still wont admit it. i feel like shit because she told her freind this before we split up, at a time when we were really close. she only thought about it for a day or two max, and wouldnt even talk about it, or give me a reason, and it was 6 days away from our year anneversary. i feel really betrayed by her, but she keeps going on about how SHE feels guilty and bad about it. she thinks that she feels bad! and she told me she didnt want to lie when we broke up, but she had been for the past 2 days. whats up with that? and hour before she ended it, we were happily talking about how we were going to spend our anneversary, she said she loved me, and now she says she was lying. she said that i always want to plan ahead, but she does it as well! i just cant understand why she wont give me a real reason. she said she still thinks theres a 'special friendship' between us, and that she loved me as much as she could love anyone, and when it got like that she left. so she left because she loved me too much? bullshit. either shes afraid of the real reason, or she doesnt want ot tell me. she keeps trying to get me to be her friend, but i cant, not after all of the memories we share together. she just forgot them in a flash. did they mean anything to her? she says so, but i dont believe her. she didnt even want to try and save our relationship. i just feel so betrayed by her. the pain im feeling for her just keeps getting worse and worse, as i find out about all the lies shes telling me.

sorry, but i just ned to get it all out. what can i do? i dont want to make her jealouse or anything, i just want her to stop the lying, and stop pretending that she feels guilty. if she felt guilty about hurting me, why wouldnt she talk to me first? any advice anyone?

Master Modder

I found the best way is to keep your mind on something else. Try to stay busy. Sorry about all of this and I wish you the best. Time will heal, take care of yourself. :idea:

hello pbunyan, this is from my own experience please listen:

Girls don't say things straight sometimes, especially when they're confused about their feelings.

The best thing you can do in this case is just cut any communications with her, at least for a while. Keep talking about the same thing or pushing her to confess won't help neither of you to make up your mind. And follow em3bilko's advice, stay busy because you're now probably thinking in loop mode, that son't help you in any way.

Getting her to tell you the truth is not the first thing you need now man. It won't make you feel any better believe me. It's very hard to face this, but you will succeed. This situation may get pretty horrible at this moment, I've been there not once but a few times. Just think about this: the pain won't last too long, you will recover. The sufferin is just temporal. Serious.

In less time that you think, you'll realise this was a good thing for you, because she gave you the chance to meet a better girl Not gonna happen you say? I bet you'll be laughing at this episode before they release Windows Vista SP1! Give yourself a chance, you really deserve it.

hope this helps.

hell, when they release vista SP1, ill be laughing, but only microsoft. lol. i have cut my communications with her, but that means with my friends too, as we both hang out in the same places at school, with the same people, and walk home in the same group. i guess itll give me time to do some school work at break and lunch. also, one side effect is that ive become good at burnout three. theres something thereputic about destroying cars that i just cant put my finger on

Thanks guys

hello pbunyan, this is from my own experience please listen:

Girls don't say things straight sometimes, especially when they're confused about their feelings.

The best thing you can do in this case is just cut any communications with her, at least for a while. Keep talking about the same thing or pushing her to confess won't help neither of you to make up your mind. And follow em3bilko's advice, stay busy because you're now probably thinking in loop mode, that son't help you in any way.

Getting her to tell you the truth is not the first thing you need now man. It won't make you feel any better believe me. It's very hard to face this, but you will succeed. This situation may get pretty horrible at this moment, I've been there not once but a few times. Just think about this: the pain won't last too long, you will recover. The sufferin is just temporal. Serious.

In less time that you think, you'll realise this was a good thing for you, because she gave you the chance to meet a better girl Not gonna happen you say? I bet you'll be laughing at this episode before they release Windows Vista SP1! Give yourself a chance, you really deserve it.

hope this helps.
    Very true my friend.

pbunyan sorry to hear about your situation and how much it is effecting you but if I could offer some advice..... Always continue to treat her with the same honesty and respect as if your still together. Don't avoid her should you cross paths but communicate and be polite saying the things you would normally do.

You cant have divisions with friends because some of them are hers and some are yours, you must forge ahead and continue to interact no matter what applying the above. It's heart breaking to be going through what you have undergone but time cures all wounds. Remain positive and what ever you do don't talk about her behind her back to your friends or anyone else because sure as hell it will get back to her.

Rise to the occasion and think before you flap your gums when talking about this to your friends so not to place your foot in your mouth. Good luck in your endeavour to move on but remember to treat her with the same curtesy and respect as you have always done.

i guess so. i just need some time away, thats all. maybe ill just stay away for a week, and then see how it feels.

and what ever you do don't talk about her behind her back to your friends or anyone else because sure as hell it will get back to her.
    yea, ive made a point to tell her everything that ive told my friends, and more, but were not the types of people to get into a slagging match over this.

Thanks again everyone, youve been great

Pretty much what Xyvotha said. Keep your mind off things and sooner or later youll begin not to care.

Thread Information