Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haze's Debut--- Project Standard Issue

Haze's Debut--- Project Standard Issue

Hi everyone,
    Some background on me:: im a 16 year old kid in TX, been building computers since i was 13, i have built 2 mineral oil computers, and around 5-6 normal. suprisingly i have never watercooled. I have been tracing the forums at casemodgod watching all the pro's ( my favorites being , Sheldog23, and Tribaloverkill ) and wanted to start my own worklog, so i discovered MI and figured it would be better for a new start on a new site.

Anyways,
    My dad is a Lt. Col in the army reserves, so ive always grown up around army stuff, thus i have a huge ammo can about the size of a mid tower in my possession. I know that i wont be the first ammo can mod out there, but in all ammo cans that i have seen, everything looked sloppy and cramped and un-painted etc. so i plan to make a Watercooled system inside the can and make everythign look clean and organized with camo paint.

Specs thus far:

Shuttle STG20 mainboard (939, pci-E)
    Xtasy x850XT 256mb pci-e

I apologize, but i dont have pictures from the VERY VERY beggining seeing as my camera was being finicky, but i guess you guys dont really care about the process of tearing a shuttle completely apart and drilling out riveted parts of a metal can lol

Pics soon, lemme guys know what you think!

Ok here are some pictures of the Mobo in the can to kinda give you an idea

ill post more when i get it, the process might be slow because my highschool soccer team is now in playoffs, and we practice every day, and have games twice a week

I have never seen a case mod done with a ammo tin so I'm looking forward to seeing the hard work in getting this completed. It's going to be different but at the same time would be a good mod to do.

Thanks

Ok so this isnt much work, but i did have soccer practice until 6 o'clock and not much time to work

here im making the backplate for the case
    first i start with the cut out backplate of the Shuttle case

then i traced it onto acrlyic

first cuts made

test fit

taped up to cut the L shape out

finished piece

lining it up

this acrlyic piece wont actually be on teh case, but what im doing with it is im going to fit it to the motherboard and put the motherboard in the case, and then drill holes in corners of this piece against the outside of the case

then i will take it out, and mount the acrlyic piece on the outside of the case, trace it onto the case, and then cut it out so that it will be the proper elevation above the case floor

ill try to keep this mod running quickly, but my highschool soccer team is now in playoffs and we have practice every day, so no promises.

Looks great so far. This will be a fun build to watch.

Thanks americanfreak, im glad your interested

So today i got the io plate cut out of the back of the can

i started by taping the backplate seen above onto the back of the case **2 bolts are also holding it in place**

then i traced the pattern onto the case with gold sharpie

cut the pattern out with drill and dremel

set the motherboard in with a tv tuner card

and watched it line up nice

!

tommorow im going to try and get the cut outs cleaned up, and the risers for the motherboard set in place

yeah, I think this is going to look really cool when your done too, I will sure be keeping my eye on this topic.

Never seen that done with a shuttle,Innovation makes the world go round.Great job so far!

Haze great work and have fun filing this project is awesome thanks for keeping us up-dated.

truly sweet man btw i love your avatar. :lol:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information