Thread: #144 - ION Mod idea by mcnaryxc

#144 - ION Mod idea by mcnaryxc

Ok, I love Valve games. For the ION, and with some of these Pro's specialties, I think the Half Life Gravity Gun should be turned into a case mod. It would be perfect to fit a small motherboard inside and it can either glow orange or the purple color (or even change between both). To really set it off, it should have the illusion of holding something in mid air, much like the game (minus the shooting across the room part). Anyone who knows gaming would know this item from the game and will instantly become a crowd favorite. My only fear of this case mod could be too hard, as it is a realistic style case mod, where while the case holds functionality and character, it holds true to the game and feels AS IF the modder reached his hands into the game and pulled out the item.

Anyone can glue an ION board into a ceramic pot, but it takes a true pro modder to replicate a part from a game. 8-)

Or if your going valve...maybe the sentry gun from Portal?

DIBS on that if somebody submits it =)

Good idea!
    I've been wanting to make a Pipboy3000 for the longest time. (Maybe if I win the board, I can make my own!)

@ BoxGods... you're talking to mcnaryxc here. http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/445087-idea-asec-turret.html

Edit... or did you know that, and were just trying to get him to submit that idea so you could legitimately build it before him! :lol:

Ya, ModMinded is right. I tried calling dibs on that over at Overclock.net. I'm starting the ASEC turret after my birthday.

I suggested the Gravity Gun because it's small and handheld, much like the ION board. The ASEC turrent is as big as a person!....or at least it will be. :mrgreen:

Good idea!
    I've been wanting to make a Pipboy3000 for the longest time. (Maybe if I win the board, I can make my own!)

@ BoxGods... you're talking to mcnaryxc here. http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/445087-idea-asec-turret.html

Edit... or did you know that, and were just trying to get him to submit that idea so you could legitimately build it before him! :lol:
    WOW I used to play Fallout back in the Fallout 2 days when I was a lil dude. then Fallout 3 came out and that blew me awaayyy. That game is amazing. I totally forgot about the Pipboy but the point behind that would be to wear it on your wrist wouldnt it?

Good idea!

WOW I used to play Fallout back in the Fallout 2 days when I was a lil dude. then Fallout 3 came out and that blew me awaayyy. That game is amazing. I totally forgot about the Pipboy but the point behind that would be to wear it on your wrist wouldnt it?
    yeah, the pipboy's meant to be portable. I was originally thinking a cheap netbook as a mod source someday, or maybe some sort of battery backpack with a wire running to the pipboy.

Good idea!

yeah, the pipboy's meant to be portable. I was originally thinking a cheap netbook as a mod source someday, or maybe some sort of battery backpack with a wire running to the pipboy.
    Makes sense that brings me back to my brothers idea sammeh mod #2 his lifesize blackberry idea. but you'd have to deal with resistors etc.. itd kill the battery quick I think. itd be a bit of a pain imo. but I think worth it. a little mini touchscreen in it.

Good idea!

Makes sense that brings me back to my brothers idea sammeh mod #2 his lifesize blackberry idea. but you'd have to deal with resistors etc.. itd kill the battery quick I think. itd be a bit of a pain imo. but I think worth it. a little mini touchscreen in it.
    So I take it one of you guys are gonna suggest a Pipboy mod idea?

Thread Information