Thread: #19 - ION mod idea by Hammerdin

#19 - ION mod idea by Hammerdin

This mod is a celebration of Nvidia and its products. My idea is to build a large scale model of a nvidia gpu with the ion mobo inside the....the black thing in the center of the gpu.... the die? Im not sure what you call it, just look at my pics. Its roughly based it off the 9400m gpu.

The rough dimensions for this is 15"x15"

I think it could be made out of wood to replicate the green silicon and sheet metal for the black die, or make the entire thing out of green/grey acrylic so you could see the internals.

You could make a stand styled to look like the nvidia logo for the whole thing to rest on. I dont think i can make a scetch up of that, ill give it a go later.

Few more ideas for the stand:

Also i think instead of having the IO ports in front, maybe have them inside the black box and run the cables underneath it.

I imagine the nvidia logo would be difficult to make though.

:roll:

Hey, nice!

Figured out the stand, edited the first post.

Great idea man, but i think loose the stand. Looks better flat and raised up slightly.

Great idea man, but i think loose the stand. Looks better flat and raised up slightly.
    Not quite sure what you mean
    but...

loose the PSU, there are ION boards that have integrated PSU's so that'd be less budget, but yours seems pretty cheap already...

Not a bad idea saw something really similiar to this already...

Thread Information