Thread: #158 - Ion Mod Idea by BigToe

#158 - Ion Mod Idea by BigToe

I don't really know anything about what fits with what, but I think it would be cool to have a world globe as a PC.
    VIA EPIA MII 12000
    Vantec ION 400B 400watt power supply
    2GB (DDR 2)
    Logitech G15 Keyboard V2

I don't really know anything about what fits with what, but I think it would be cool to have a world globe as a PC.
    VIA EPIA MII 12000
    OCZ ModXStream 780W Power Supply
    Logitech G15 Keyboard V2

What would you need a 780w power supply for? and whats with with the mini itx board? keyboard is self explanitory.

VIA EPIA MII 12000
    OCZ ModXStream 780W Power Supply
    Logitech G15 Keyboard V2

What would you need a 780w power supply for? and whats with with the mini itx board? keyboard is self explanitory.
    I'm not a PC tech so I son't know what would fit in side so I picked the smallest MB I could find. 780W PS just in case they needed it, I'd settle for a 500W. Just trying to fit it in the globe, But it's a good idea, could you imagine that clear globe with the lights from the MB and vidiocard and power supple blinking inside. I mean arn't we headed in that direction anyway?

Just throwing it out there, the standard Ion board uses a 60w power supply with 90w if you want to add in lots of parts.

So, something like this?

And the board is already provided. It is the Nvidia ION board. It comes with a power supply that is small.

Primered

Read carefully the rules of the contest and all the information. You already use a certain MoBo. "They will receive a ZOTAC ION ITX 330 motherboard containing an NVIDIA ION GPU and an Intel Atom dual-core CPU, along with $500 to secure additional PC components."

Only problem now, is that one, there are two of those if you look on the ZOTAC website, an A-U and a D-E variant... not to sure what the difference is, and second, they apparently supply via a sponsorship, the HD and RAM....So since you dont have to account that into the $500 limit.. makes me wonder...

Thread Information