Thread: #425 - ION mod idea by dmcgrath #2

#425 - ION mod idea by dmcgrath #2

Okay, my second idea, and I think a fun one.
    Baby's first computer. My kid is only 2 and 1/2 at the moment, but I know she's going to need her own PC soon. How about in the form of one of her favorite characters; Spongebob Squarepants. Maybe seated, blowing bubbles. (Could even add a bubble blower in there from a cheap toy you can get at a department store.

This would be perfect for a kid's computer so she can play all her favorite DVD's and as well have something powerful enough that she can grow on it and not leave it too far behind after only 6 months or a year.

Construction should be simple enough, mostly modeling parts by hand, materials cost would be low (depending on materials used of course), leaving a lot of leeway for getting higher end parts crammed in there to really help get the most out of a ION.

Actually this is very creative. Awesome that your thinking about your kid!

I have an idea to add to this about integrating the keyboard with it. Maybe a purple lava rock looking surface over a mini keyboard (colored keys are always more fun than the vanilla or chocolate we are used to typing with.

I can see his best buddy Patrick Star as a Mouse in this idea as well! :P

Children's Keyboard and Mouse
    More Keyboards

...if you could make it out of sponges... that would be soooo awesome. It doubles a a sound dampener too. Well, that would be useless on a system with no moving parts.

I wasn't aware a fan had no moving parts.
    [/sarcasm]
    Anyway, this looks like a good idea, you could use some of the holes in the sponge as fan openings.

The fan exhaust was kind of the idea for where the bubbles could be blowing out of. But haha, yeah, a real sponge pasted to the outside some kind of enclosure could easily work. Nice thinking, thanks!

Thread Information