Thread: #413 - ION mod idea by dmcgrath #3

#413 - ION mod idea by dmcgrath #3

ION ICE

I like the way it sounds.

I know the cube has been done to death and so many of them have been very beautiful as well. But, I'd still like to see a mod as close to an ice cube as you can get. I've used a two part resin that pours fairly clear and hardens in a pretty short time. I think just pour the stuff into a mold made of a cardboard box and lined with a release agent (or wax paper, etc. whatever a tests turn out as the best idea. Cooled all by just a single rear fan. I think the beauty, simplicity and low noise level of the unit could make it quite attractive.

i like this idea, too! add some glow (green anyone?)

creative. transparent.. would definitely show ION features.. 5/5

Seeing as how this is an Nvidia product showcase I think that maybe a green light scheme, or you can actually tint the resin (I've done this as well, didn't seem to increase drying time much) into the green spectrum. Or integrate an Nvidia Logo into the mold maybe.

The case itself can be five sided with just the back open to install the items, a small mounting rack for ease of installation maybe, the Blu-Ray player could get milled into the front.

I think remote control capability for the mod would work just fine, especially since the entire thing is transparent it shouldn't interfere with wherever you want to put the receiver.

Thread Information