Thread: #305 - ION Mod idea by Krazeek #2

#305 - ION Mod idea by Krazeek #2

How about a basic briefcase, maybe leather like in the image attached, that you'd commonly see executives carrying. Pop the locks and the computer would swing into action, maybe including a switch so opening the case turns on the computer.

The basic components would include:

32GB SSD for the OS and some programs ($85)
    2.5" backup HDD for the other information ($65)
    LG Black 6X SATA Blu-ray Burner/HD DVD-ROM Drive Model GGW-H20L ($160)
    4GB of RAM ($43)
    Logitech G15 Keyboard ($74)
    Staples Solo Leather Briefcase ($60) [web]http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p4_Solo-Leather-Expandable-Laptop-Briefcase-Burgundy_103219_Business_Supplies_0_10051_SC1:CG20 :CL120500[/web]

This would leave a few extra dollars for misc expenses, but would provide a real eye-catcher for the bleeding-edge executive to travel in style without sacrificing appearance.

Sorry but i think you seen my post and re posted it.... o.O

It's true, I did see your post, and found a different route to a similar goal (in the same line as a DVD player vs a VCR). Whereas your case was metal and you didn't outline the costs, I did research and found the costs for the components, as well as a way to appeal to high-fashion executives with tech savvy.

While I used your idea as a springboard, it is not the same idea (essentially). Your idea does have some merits (a harder shell and such), so let's let the judges decide whose is better.

Like i said to Adam, a suitcase full of electrical componants is a bad idea im sorry, especially if they are travelling. You WILL get stopped at every airport you goto.

This is what laptops are for.

This computer is not intended for travel specifically, but rather a way for executives to appear stylish when bringing their computer system to work and about town. In either case, it's a simple mod, and almost deceitful in it's appearance to others. I think it has merit for that reason alone.

Hey guys, after reading the original requirements for the contest, I had to do a bit of redesigning on this concept. Here is the updated parts list:

SSD Drive - Provided
    RAM - Provided
    2.5" backup HDD for the other information ($65)
    LG Black 6X SATA Blu-ray Burner/HD DVD-ROM Drive Model GGW-H20L ($160)
    Logitech G15 Keyboard ($74)
    17" Monitor ($100)
    350W PSU ($15)
    Basic Optical Mouse ($5)
    Staples Solo Leather Briefcase ($60)

A sample image, horribly done but to get a basic idea, is here:

The above costs give a total of about $80 to work with in modifying the briefcase to allow for the panels covering the motherboard and components. The mouse can be external and just stored in the case, as well as the power supply cable and any other cables.

Thread Information