This project will be themed on the utility case a Star Trek Engineering away team might take on a mission. Technology featured in this build will include Nvidia's 3d Stereo graphics for the most immerse gaming short of a holodeck. The build will contain two mini-itx based systems for true head-to-head gaming. The project is a join venture between BoxGods (a.k.a. Geno) and Out of the Box Mods (a.k.a. me). Our goal is to have it premier at QuakeCon (Nvidia has booth space reserved for it) then next travel to PAX.
- Nvidia (3d monitors, glasses)
- Danger Den (CNC, laser, design services, I think I bought all the water-cooling parts retail for this project except GPU blocks)
- Crucial (Ballistix Tracer ram and SSD hard drives)
- Performance PCs (tons of stuff)
- :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana: (still using sponsored parts from Daywalker)
- Mountain Mods (thanks for helping get materials on short notice Ben!!!)
- BoxGods (aluminum boxes and tons of design services)
- Palit (GPUs and blocks leftover from Daywalker project)
- I wanted to fit FrozenQ reservoirs in but the space is so small he would have to make really small ones. I do not know if he will have time. Anyway, he still deserves a shout out.
Geno, after months of work and more than one sleepless night and shower less day has the drawings finished. I received the aluminum boxes Friday, then traveled to Danger Den Saturday. Jeremy, the CEO of DD, was kind enough to give up his entire day to draw the holes for the case where I needed them and then use one of their CNC mills to cut the holes. This week they will laser cut the acrylic parts as well. Today I ground the slag off the boxes and radiused the edges (Geno already has some of it done so I would know what result to shoot for). This is my FIRST time working with metal so please keep that in mind when commenting. I still have to do use the Scotch Bright finishing sander attachment (this round was with a number 80 flap attachment). Tomorrow I will start the polishing . . .w00t
Drawing (not complete):
Grinding (Geno I do listen to your safety nagging):
Guess I have a date with a file and sandpaper tomorrow as well . . . .maybe polishing on Tuesday?