Thread: something new to play with soon

something new to play with soon

i just bought some parts from this guy from other site for $35 including shipping here are the parts Intel Celeron 444mhz cpu, socket 370,Socket 370 motherboard,
    RAM- PC66 SDRAM, stick of 64mb and a stick of 24mb,he gave me the ram for free.I am going to see if it can handle a new cpu which is going to Intel Celeron 1.1GHz and 3x128mb of ram.he didnt know to much about the mobo but he said everything worked.so when i get it in i am going to do some research to see if it can handle that stuff and it so i am going to order.then i have 3 computers to mess with lol.i have one in my room and my other one is out in my computer shop where i buld and rebuild and mod computers.and the new one i dont know where i am going to put that one ill find a place.tell me what yall thinkg of my new stuff i am getting and if you think i payed to much

mad_mod_man

Master Modder

If you can't use the other stuff and have to use the slower cpu, you can make a Smoothwall unit like I'm doing. It'll work great for that. Happ0y Modding :idea:

nice i agree with em3 smoothie unit sounds cool if nothing else

i am thinking about running linux on this hardware i got tonz of different linux cds and do yall think i paid to much for the stuff???

Master Modder

I think you got a dynamite deal. Any Linux OS will work just fine with that equipment. Make a server out of it. You have many paths that you can go down and which ever one you choose will work just fine I sure. Happy modding and keep us informed on what you decide.

thanks ill keep yall updated

Thread Information