Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Tribute.... Will name it properly later.

A Tribute.... Will name it properly later.

Ok guys and gals. This mod has been brewing for a while now. I have finally gotten the urge to start working on it. Although I am not 100% sure what all is in store for the mod.

To sum things up briefly. Its a tribute to the master modder Defyant. We miss him and hope to see him make an appearance again. His last brief appearance showed that he was still dabbling a little in the modding side but I have a feeling WOW has sucked him back in.

None the less. Maybe a little HP Modding Mojo will cause him to surface.

The base case. (Supplied by XcaliburFX)

It actually took a little work to get my hands on one of these cases. Thankfully good ol X really came through for me. He was able to get his hands on one of them that had a bit of a rough life. Unfortunately it came minus the left side panel. Shortly there after he called me and said "you won't guess what I got on the truck".. Long story short.. He had found a 2nd one that was COMPLETE. I definitely owe him a beer or two.

Modding this HP is going to serve a couple of purposes. Now I just have to figure out what all I am going to do to this thing.

Clear Coat

well you pretty much have to put a ducted fan on it somewhere....

This is not the greatest mod it the woooorrrld. NO, this is just the tribute. yeah!

sorry, was channeling Jack Black for a minute there. I miss ol' Dyfiant and it would be awesome to see a tribute mod referencing his stuff. Looking forward to seeing your take on it.

Ok so starting things off here.

This will different areas that are pulled from each of Defyant's mods. To start things off, we mark up the front panel for a dual 120mm intake similar to what Defyant used on his HP3 Mega case. Followed up by some quick Dremel work.

Seeing how I live in a small town in BFE.. Finding any PVC with the right ID proved to be a challenge. So I cut two strips of plexi about 2" tall x 12" or so inches long. These are going to be the protruding edge and sides to the fan intake. With the aid of the ol heat gun, I gently heat the plexi and form it around a piece of 4.5" OD PVC which will give me the 4.5" ID that I want. I then trim the two pieces to length and tape them together. The reason I used two pieces rather than one was to eliminate the hassle of trying to get both bends in just the right spots.

Next up ... Some Bondo Majic

COOLNESS!!!!!

Primered

Tazz I have some good news and bad news . . .
    First the good news . . . .this projects sounds really kewl.
    Now the bad news . . . .you just voided the warranty. HP strictly prohibits cutting up the case with a moto-tool.

Master Modder

oooooooo! i like this mod already! i am a big fan of the hp mods by Defyant, still am and it still stands he made some of the most sexiest looking hp's, now i belive with your skills tazz your going to follow his lead!!! yay! have you got a colour scheme yet?

I'm hoping to get back on this shortly. Got a few other things go that have to be done first though. Will be going with a Green Metallic exterior and Silver Metallic interior.

my sugguestions for modding the case.... and no this is NOT a joke.

look in the internet for the mix rate for thermite.. or even napalm.. i can give THAT forumlae here.. but.. dont want to cause troubles.

fill the case up with it.. plus a few uninflated balloons of gunpowder .. and wrap with christmass paper.. and tie off with a primacord bow tie.

The HP line is and has been an embarasment to the computer family since its inception.. cheap parts for a cheap price.. all OEM parts designed to be 10 years out of date when it comes out the box.

you want a tribue to moders everywhere.. put that thing out of our misery :P

and yes.. i know what im talking about.. thats the HP 6553.. thats what i had BEFORE my current computer.. still got another one that parents are using.. they got them both on black friday at walmart.
    and i have NEVER had computers that give more problems then that thing.

i could list all the thigns wrong wiht the one in my parents room.. the one i had.. started two fired.. was held togeather with duckt tape.. and finally bought the farm end of a lightning storm.. and met its final fate in many pieces courtesy of a sledge hammer and a katana.

it was my first official mod.. and the compy had never looked better :P

LMAO...

Its a tribute to the master modder Defyant.

This is not a Tribute to computers, nor is it a Tribute to HP. Defyant is one of the greats, and Defyant liked to use the old HP cases. Thus the reason I decided to mod my old HP case in a fashion that I think Defyant would appreciate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information