Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist acryliccase mod

Fullmetal Alchemist acryliccase mod

well I'm starting my second case mod with a Fullmetal Alchemist theme... well this is not my second mod just my second FMA Mod

i really want an A. C. Ryan acrylic case however A.C. Ryan no longer makes that case so what i ended up get was a Sunbeam atx mid tower 18.7" x 17.5" x 8.7" from newegg it has 4 External 5.25" Drive Bays, 2 External 3.5" Drive Bays, 5 Internal 3.5" Drive Bays and 7 Expansion Slots, it also has 5 80 mm fan holes

the plan currently is that it is going to be a server with lots of leds all red and custom fan grills which are being cut very soon
    will post my fan grill designs in a few. which are going to be done in translucent red 3mm acrylic

well im back this is the power supply i got OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular with red leds crossfire ready

the power supply i got for my last FMA mod i had to take apart and replace the blue leds with red which wasn't that bad of a painbut i didn't want to to do it again this time its going to be my heatsink im going to have to take apart to replace the blue for red leds

Very cool. Looking forward to reading it.

hi they are the designs that are going to be laser cut of red translucent acrylic took me like afew hour with adobe illustrator to design them

behide them i'm putting A C Ryan Black Mesh Fan Guards and red led fans

so it will go from inside out fan, black mesh guard, case panel, & my custom acrylic guards

ps the design on the right hand side which is on the back of edward elric's coat will also be cut out of red acrylic and then placed on inside of top panel between the fan and the front of the case.

hi just got back a sample of the custom FMA grill this is not the finished product but a sample of the color and at test for his laser
    could do the detail i think it turned out good
    * note: it says edward elric in japanese

sorry for the edit but it was cause my non-spelling cola leaving an S off

nice laser work. I would suggest for a fan design though just go with a square. not a circle with tabs. It will look cleaner and also be more durable. Just my suggestion though.

nice laser work. I would suggest for a fan design though just go with a square. not a circle with tabs. It will look cleaner and also be more durable. Just my suggestion though.
    that would be cool ... thanks for the suggestion however as i type this the rest are being cut .....& behind these im going to mount the A.C. Ryan mesh guards ....they are same shape see above post thanks for your time

fullmetal alchemist
    transmutation circle
    edward on the train
    edward elric in japanese
    another transmutation circle

sorry school started and time got away but i have some time now
    got my grills back they turned out really kool just waiting for my fanscrews to come

a guy named mike at cut them for me on his laser
    he does some awesome work if you need custom work done check him out
    he dosent charge a arm and a leg for his work

next i'm going to start putting together the case

put my design to the side panels in friday to be laser cut by mike he really did a great job on the fan grills.......
    sorry this case has been slow going ... and the lack of funds hasnt help.. but i am going to move forward very soon.....
    need to research my mother board and wait for the acrylic to be cut im going with the same design as the top panel but the pieces will be twice the size as the top panel same dark red ........ promise to post again soon

nice cuts... i have my main rig in the same case and have added blue acrylic pieces. cant wait to see more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information