BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT AND SAYS THAT I'M RUSHING THIS, I'M NOT. I'VE BEEN AT IT FOR 2 WEEKS.
While waiting for parts to arrive and new ideas to sprout up on my CLOWNED project, I've started another. I'm building a custom case made of Hard Drives. All of the HD's are DEAD. Many are 2GB and below, 1 is the 120GB HD I had in Air Force One that died. My teachers were happy to unload the mounting piles of dead HD's they had and I was happy to take 'em. To start, see the 2 boxes worth of dead HD's I've gotten.
I'm taking off all of the covers on these drives to expose the platters. Some of the screws didn't want to come out so I used my dremel to cut a slit into it making each one removable with a flat head.
Here's some samples of the covers off.
First I laid them all next to eachother to align the holes already on the bottom.
I'm creating my own brackets to join all of the drives together. This piece used to be the vent of an old PSU. As of now, there will be six HD's for each panel platters facing out with plexi covering them.
Then I used some mesh to join them all together.
Lastly I screwed on the first sheet of plexi. I'll need to buy more for the rest of the case.