Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #204 - Ion Mod idea by Montresor83 #1[UPDATED]

#204 - Ion Mod idea by Montresor83 #1[UPDATED]

My idea for an Ion case mod would be a Mars Rover.

I thought it'd be nice to include a webcam on either the mechanical arm or on the Pancam tower. The actual antenna that's used on the rover would be substituted by the antenna of the on board WiFi device. I think there's plenty of space on the case mod to put several add-ons: on the mechanical arm you can mount a projector keyboard, USB hub or a USB keyboard light; the disk antenna could be a custom housed memory card reader and/or eSATA connection; the Pancam tower could house a webcam and a desk lamp with an adjustable sheath or a discreet USB connection for flash drives that you'd prefer to keep out of sight.

As far as the materials used for the case itself, the modders could use just about anything they can think of to give it an authentic look, like reflective backing on glass/acrylic for the solar panels, framed in brushed aluminum. A RAID1 array isn't really necessary but it would be nice to have an extra 3.5" bay available to add another HDD if the owner wanted to.
    [edit: 08/01/09] I guess only 1x 3.5" bay would be required for an optical drive since SSD's will be complimentary from Corsair, which would open up some room for fans, which I admittedly didn't factor in to the design.

Mars Rover, what a terrible idea...

Mars Rover, what a terrible idea...
    What a terrible comment! you don't even say why you don't like it... probably because its not your idea...

I'm not sure it matters... as the entry period is over

What a terrible comment! you don't even say why you don't like it... probably because its not your idea...
    Uh... what?

Yes, I think my idea was terrible. I thought I would easily make the top 30. I thought wrong. I won't name any names, but there was easily 3 mods that made the top 30 I thought my idea stomped, but that's probably just my wounded pride talking. Like Tinfoilpain said, it doesn't matter anymore.

Yes, I think my idea was terrible. I thought I would easily make the top 30. I thought wrong. I won't name any names, but there was easily 3 mods that made the top 30 I thought my idea stomped, but that's probably just my wounded pride talking. Like Tinfoilpain said, it doesn't matter anymore.
    Your idea should have stomped #433 #418 #407 #386 #383 #365 #347 #345 #310 #296 #281 #203 #146 #144 #38 Just going by case ideas not counting creativity,#432 should have stomped them all.

Seems they went by image quality and technology or random/selective-rigged pick.

They haven't chosen any ranking. The numbers are for organization purposes, not the final verdict.

They haven't chosen any ranking. The numbers are for organization purposes, not the final verdict.
    Our top 30 choices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information