Thread: #372 - ION Mod Idea by bstevey10

#372 - ION Mod Idea by bstevey10

[align=center]"The Can"[/center]
    [align=left]So as the subject says I mad this one from scratch, srry so small my scanner doesnt work at the moment so I used my phone. Well here you go, and yes its called The Can. you shouldlike it, took a while to come up with and its very unique.

It has a 10inch diamiter and it is 12 inches tall, it has just enough room for everything thats going to be in it. it is going to be green and black and so on.

1. LED lights (green)
    2. CD/DVD Expansion drives
    3. Media Card reader drive
    4. Power/Reset Button
    5. USB/Firewire Ports
    6. 3 Fans (Blowing out)
    7. 120mm Fan (Blowing in)
    8. Zotac Ion ITX 330 Motherboard
    9. Power Supply
    10. 120mm Fan (Blowing Out)
    11. Harddrive Expansion Slots

Hope yall like it.

Bstevey10

Cool design. Very compact and simple. Only thing I see is that the ION won't fit horizontally like you have in your sketches, if the can is 8" diameter. The ION is 6.7" x 6.7" which gives a diagonal length of about 9 1/2". So your can's diameter would have to be at least that for it to fit. Now if you oriented the ION vertically, then it would fit with room to spare on either end.

Cool design. Very compact and simple. Only thing I see is that the ION won't fit horizontally like you have in your sketches, if the can is 8" diameter. The ION is 6.7" x 6.7" which gives a diagonal length of about 9 1/2". So your can's diameter would have to be at least that for it to fit. Now if you oriented the ION vertically, then it would fit with room to spare on either end.
    Thanks i didnt even think of the diagnal, so yeah thanks. ill edit and do some changes to the first post.

Primered

Measurements are no big deal for a simple case design. All you have to do is increase the diameter in the case as you see fit. My sphere based design would be like that. didnt do any exact measurements, since without the pieces in your hand, it would be hard to imagine and plan exactly how much space everything takes up.. Plus, you want extra room for airflow and the like.

thats the whole point in the fans in the middle of the tower so that theres efficient airflow going in and out. Theres also one on the top letting air out and one in the back by the mobo letting air out

Thread Information