Thread: an annoying problem

an annoying problem

I had recently replaced my cd/dvd-rom with a newer one (my warranty on my laptop was almost done and so they just sent me the replacement because i dont want to pay for something simple to install) anyways i installed the drivers that they had sent me and restarted my comp, well fast forward about a week.

I had rented a dvd to watch and not wanting to listen to wake up anyone in my house walking to my living room(the floor squeeks) I decided to use my laptop, I put in the dvd well the dvd-rom started to spin like it was starting up, but it stopped. I tried cleaning the dvd, trying other dvd's one lady from tech support even said to re-install the media player i go in and check the drivers...they where corrupted.

I ran a virus scan and re-installed the driver.. it lasted maybe till i tried using the cd/dvd-rom, I tried reinstalling windows and using the old drivers...nope, i then tried the new drivers again still nothing, i reconnected the cd/dvd-rom still nothing i even got a new one and still nothing, I also tried the tech support and after an hour of getting people i couldnt understand i finally got someone that i did, but i still had no luck at all.

This is confusing the hell outta me...anyone know whats up?

an annoying problem

is it only when you go to use a dvd in it - maybe the region setting is wrong, or could it be that you have a virus or something similar that is affecting the drive.. if all else fails maybe send it back perhaps theres something wrong with the drive as well.

an annoying problem

one of the files is missing from what i can see so i think they might have given me the wrong cd/dvd-rom so im gonna give a call to hp to get the product number for the stock one

Thread Information