Thread: #353 - ION Mod Idea by khal534

#353 - ION Mod Idea by khal534

[web]http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php[/web]

the waterfall ion mod ..based on the mineral oil cooler but the case would be a waterfall.the mineral oil would act has the water in the fall. it is very easy to make and cheap for the parts.the oil cooler would act has a great cooler for the pc. the waterfall would be different levels (3 or more levels) on the top would be the cd-rom/harddrive. the usb ports would be on different levels. while the other ports on the back. since the oil might turn murky but does lose any oil there should be a oil filter at the bottom when the oil goes to the bottom to clean it. the oil has a purposes and isnt just a decoration.

cheap waterfall [web]http://www.garden-fountains.com/stores/gardenfountain/catalog/WIN204-375.jpg[/web]

Instead of water you could use vegy oil that would also cool the machine

i said mineral oil would replace the water.. vegey oil wouldnt work

The problem I see would be that oils like to spread out over surfaces. An exposed oil fall would collect lint too. Maybe if the waterfall was inside an enclosure...

The only flaw is that there would need to be a more powerful pump to move the oil. Oil may be less dense than water, but it's harder to move. (I don't know why - not a physicist) It's not completely impossible, though. I also remember running across a discussion where they determined that oil in a closed loop system (running through water.. "oil"-blocks, etc.) is very inefficient at dissipating heat off the CPU, but it seems you've taken the "submersible mobo" route where it isn't much of a problem (according to the fish tank CPU).

I am sure the moders can do a small plexy glass cover to keep the min oil from spilling out. Do you guys remmember that episode of pimp my ride where they put a waterfall in someones car.

the pump is not so big of a problem a good pump is like 50 or 60 dollars.

I am not sure if adding food coloring to the oil would cause a problem all I know is it would look cool.

Thread Information