Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Drawing or Rendering Programs???

Primered

3D Drawing or Rendering Programs???

Anyone know of any 3D drawing/rendering programs that you can get for free? Something simple... Want to put into visual form and see if I can get everything to fit nicely in my case ideas.

Google Sketch-up is free last I checked, and if you want to trudge through the learning curve, i believe Autodesk 3DS Max 2010 has a 30 day trial

Sketch up Is awesome. There are usually free mock up galleries around where you can download HD's, DVD, mobo's and ton's of other pre-made hardware models that you can just plug in as well. Which makes it a lot easier to just focus on the design .

Blender 3D is also free, just do a google for it...can be used as a 3D animation rendering program or even go so far as to create 3D games with it. ^_^

Primered

Sketch up was too hard for me to learn.. Guess if you have a background in CAD then maybe it would be coo. Meh... putting way too much effort into my designs... may not pay off...*whines*

Free Gimp is the best free 3d program lets you just about anything.

I use Daz Stuio, Poser, Vue7 and soon 8, Hexagon. Maya. C4d,

Sketch up has a huge learning curve

Gimp almost none it was my first 3d program then floor plan 3d and then Autodesk Autocad 200i.

http://www.gimp.org/

Primered

GAH! All you 3d software talented peoples are at at unfair advantage with your kewl designs and glowy fancy colors!

You guys could try double cad, which is a free auto cad software. I personally use solid works because i had an old key for 2006 version :P, but the advantages of cad software it creates the model according to scale and specification of measurements. I'm not sure if double cad has the features but you might want to check it out, its very simple to learn and such.

As far as blender, I find it has a HUGE learning curve, so i don't recommend it.

go for 3D studio max, easy to learn for basic stuff, and thats waht you need lol
    blender is funn but hard to ger around with it , but hey the more you know better it is lol

go for 3D studio max, easy to learn for basic stuff, and thats waht you need lol
    blender is funn but hard to ger around with it , but hey the more you know better it is lol
    hate to be bearer fo bad news.. but the guy is asking for FREE software.. last i checked.. 3DSmax was 3000$

gimp.. dont remember that EVER being a 3d program.. but an upgrade from MS paint for those that cant afford photoshop.. for image editing and 2d work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information