Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Xbox 360 heatsink?

Replacing Xbox 360 heatsink?

hi does anyone know if you can replace the stock Heatsink in a Xbox360 with say a zalman heatsink

i want to rip apart my xbox and stick it in a bigger well ventilated case which would leave more room for a bigger heatsink to help cool it

can anyone help me out thanks

It could work but u would need to find one that will fit into the holes that the old heat sinks were in and tighten them properly or it will rrod, and it would be a very hard task like how ur gonna put everything together ect u would proberly have to mod the case abit

yes it will not fit in a stock xbox case there is no room in there now even for the stuff that is in there since im into case modding i was thinking about making a plex mb tray for it and stick it in a horizontal mini atx computer case but before i attempt it can it be done? thanks for your time tiphanie

I believe Lian Li makes and Xbox case. but you could just get a regular SFF case and put the xbox inside there. maybe like and HTPC case or something. Then the larger cooler might fit. You would have to make custom mounting holes but that's no big deal.

As for the cooler it could work but you would have to make custom mounts. A little bit harder to do but not impossible. They also make coolers made for the 360. I even saw a Thermalright 360 cooler last year but I don't know what became of it.

Sometimes just putting it in a case with better air flow will do the trick though. Hope that helped.

oh and of course you know all this will void any warranty of course.

I believe Lian Li makes and Xbox case. but you could just get a regular SFF case and put the xbox inside there. maybe like and HTPC case or something. Then the larger cooler might fit. You would have to make custom mounting holes but that's no big deal.

As for the cooler it could work but you would have to make custom mounts. A little bit harder to do but not impossible. They also make coolers made for the 360. I even saw a Thermalright 360 cooler last year but I don't know what became of it.

Sometimes just putting it in a case with better air flow will do the trick though. Hope that helped.

oh and of course you know all this will void any warranty of course.
    yeah i saw lian li xbox case but its a lot of cash since i just finished one build and starting another... but i was thinking about this sunbeam acrylic case yes i have a hdon for acrylic cases lately dont know why...
    already voided my warranty installing Xcm corecooler ver2 (i got from xoxide) but that didnt help gpu its still hot as (insert adjective and/or noun of your choice) under neath the dvd drive no air space at all
    i won/bought a dead Xbox360 off ebay (red ring of death) to play with before totally messing up my working xbox trying to mod it but ive been researching x clamp mod... microsoft must have missed that class on processor heat when the designed the xbox because the clamp is solid sitting right on the motherboard under the cpu and gpu ... thanks will look at the links thanks for your time

I like that case. Some fancy Masking and back painting would make it double plus awesome. : )

I too loooove acrylic. There is so much that can be done with it!

kool the sunbeam case on newegg is on sale right now $79.99 regular price $29.99 after 50 bucks mail in rebate

do you think it would look ok in this case? would have build a mb tray to fit the xbox mb cause its a atx case but i have some cool green Acrylic i could cut to fit to make it out of.
    what ya think?

thanks for you time

I think that's an awesome idea.

You might have to run some cords to extend the ports on the front or whatever but all that stuff isn't too bad. There are plenty of examples online that would show you how it's done.

hi does anyone know if you can replace the stock Heatsink in a Xbox360 with say a zalman heatsink

i want to rip apart my xbox and stick it in a bigger well ventilated case which would leave more room for a bigger heatsink to help cool it

can anyone help me out thanks
    Yes, there is a tutorial that shows how to replace the GPU Heatsink with the 2nd generation CPU heatsink. To make room for the bigger heatsink you use 20 inch dvd drive power cables to mount the DVD Drive on top of the case. Go to Google and type in Airflow Cables

Joel1738 do you know where the tutorial that shows how to replace the GPU Heatsink or do i just google it
    thanks for ur input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information