Thread: keyboards

keyboards

well yesterday, i sat down and cleaned a keyboard.. took it apart completely and boy wasnt there some dust and ect in it. it took about 5 hrs to completely clean every key and the base and all, and i was kinda thinkning maybe i shoulda got some paint and painted the base whislt it was apart.. but as i was at work, lol it kinda didnt work. i was wondering what kinda paint to use on keys, perhaps so that you could still see the letters or use a lettering set or something, as well as what paint to use on the base... its a wave keyboard with a touch mouse pad in it as well, so its kinda retro and cool keybord... if only i had a camera... perhaps soon i will. anyways, it was a day well spent and it looks alot cleaner now.

keyboards

There are a few semi Translucent paints that would work on to let the letters on the keys shine through. The problem with that is that the color might not look that good.

You could paint them however and go to a hobby shop and find some letter decals to put in them. I have seen that done and it looks ok. Either that or just have the tops blank and rely on memory.

Master Modder

keyboards

There are a few semi Translucent paints that would work on to let the letters on the keys shine through. The problem with that is that the color might not look that good.

You could paint them however and go to a hobby shop and find some letter decals to put in them. I have seen that done and it looks ok. Either that or just have the tops blank and rely on memory.
    As Sheldog said there are paints for plastic and your local hobby shop should have some rub on letters that will work. When doing the Cash Box project I used stick on letters that were transparent except for the letters themself. Good luck on your project and hopefully you can get a camera soon and then share your project with us. Happy Modding. :idea:

keyboards

That's what I like to hear leroy a member who had a great time doing his mod and liking his achievement so looking forward to some images.

keyboards

have been busy as at the moment, i havent been on line much, but i will get them pics up soon, i have a digital camera now, not a great one but it will do the trick. oh and the keyboard has been tested, and works perfectly!!

Thread Information