May I present, The General Lee, based on
a shuttle SN45G V3
Custom stickers courtesy of Stacy & Chris Rhodes of Edge Racing Engines in Windber, PA.
I have to admit, I like the way it looks, but I'm too much of a perfectionist so at some stage in the future, I'm going to re-do it...
Problems with this (in my opinion)
1. There are a few little bumps/bubbles in the top sticker - MY fault for not cleaning it properly and/or applying it carefully enough.
2. The top sticker is too large - MY fault - I gave the fabricator the exact dimensions.
3. General Lee & 01 are the wrong way around on one side - MY fault for not being careful enough
4. There is no white border around the 01's and there should be - Stacy got everything else exact to my specifications, so I'm assuming I didn't specify the border.
5. Top sticker is about 2mm off centre - I applied it, so again MY fault.
6. Top sticker should have a white border around it - 100% certain I didn't put that on the order so, shock!!! My fault again lol....
I have nothing but thanks and praise for the stickers - anything wrong is my own issue.
As a result I'm going to re-do this at some point in the future - it's "Good enough" but it isn't perfect - so this is now complete - I'm not going to clearcoat it as the stickers will probably end up being removed when I get around to re-doing it.
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions, especially to TheGreatSatan for his suggestion about making it more than just an orange case.
Slaveofconvention (Colin, in case you were wondering)