Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Red Lantern Project

Master Modder

The Red Lantern Project

This is the start of my gaming machine, The Red Lantern. The working parts are a Biostar NF4SLI-A9 mobo, AMD64 3000 socket 939 processor, 768mb of PC2700 Kingston memory, Rosewill 500watt ps, Alps floppy drive, OptiRite 52x CD burner, eVGA GF 6800XT 256mb DDR and I'll use the onboard sound for the moment. This will be a work and play in progress project. It won't be a quick one either. This will take quite awhile to finish but to start here are some pics of the case that is going to be used. I believe it was a old TigerDirect unit at one time. [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    The rear fan is a 120mm and the one in front is a 92mm and I have casters wheels on already. The size of it is 17 1/2" deep x 18 3/4" high with the wheels x 8 1/4" wide. The mobo tray does come off from the side by removing 4 screws, the ps is easy to get to by taking the top off and the optical drives are on rails but the floppy and HDD are mounted with screws. So there you have it, the start of my new project, The Red Lantern. Happy Modding and all comments and ideas are welcomed. :idea:

Master Modder

The Red Lantern Project

The parts that were ordered haved arrived. In fact I have had them in my hands now for about 30 minutes, just long enough to open the packages, inspection of the packages and take the upcoming pic of the packages. So without futher ado here they are. [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    The package contained the following:
    Biostar mobo, N4SLI-A9 socket 939, AMD A64 3000 socket 939, eVGA GF 6800XT 256mb DDR.
    Now to get it hooked up so that I can compare it to the Radeon 9500, AthlonXP 2800, Epox 8RDA3+ that I'm using now for my gaming. Happy Modding and all ideas and comments are welcomed. :idea:

The Red Lantern Project

I think you are gonna really enjoy your new rig and notice a nice improvement in gaming.

The Red Lantern Project

looking good and looks like your going to have a great unit up and and running.

Master Modder

The Red Lantern Project

A bummer turned up with the mobo. It won't even do a post so tomorrow I'll RMA the sucker. It isn't the first time I've RMA'ed a mobo and most likely won't be the last either. Ha Ha It is a bummer because I was really looking forward to seeing this improvement but it will be just alittle longer now. At least I still have a unit to use until then. See you on the playing field.

The Red Lantern Project

Yay another mod in the progress and em3bilko you have some nice hardware there and looking forward to the new build. I really enjoyed reading the "Cash Box" build and I'm once again looking forward to reading and watching this project come to life.

Master Modder

The Red Lantern Project

Thanks DicKspLash, it's people like you that give me the inspiration to push forward with each and every change of my machines. Thank you very much. Happy modding and have a good day. :idea:

Master Modder

The Red Lantern Project

Just bought a HiPro 400watt ps for this unit, should be here in 3 days they say. I'll believe it when I see it. :idea:

The Red Lantern Project

Is that copper finish on the mobo tray original?

Master Modder

The Red Lantern Project

Nope, someone has painted the frame and mobo tray. I'll have to strip it.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information