Thread: #388 - ION MOD Idea By August (#1)

#388 - ION MOD Idea By August (#1)

The ION PC is a graphic powerhouse in a miniature package. And what exemplifies miniaturization and detail of form better than a Bonsai tree.

Building a ION PC under a living Bonsai tree would beautifully demonstrate a true balance of form and function.

The Case:
    Hidden below a living tree would reside the case. To maintain the aesthetics of the Bonsai, the case would have to remain low profile. A shallow rectangle base may prove to be the best fit.

The tree would live in a small section of the case, divided from the hardware sealed and protected under a thin layer of mossy loam.

I must say that I saw the other Bonsai PC posted below after my post.
    Nice job!

Well I guess it was just a matter of time before someone else got this idea. ):

Also I don't think a living Bonsai will be doable - really only a tropical species will be able to live inside as most Bonsai need to be outdoors. So that in itself limits the plant type - then there is root depth and then sunlight. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd want my computer sitting in direct sun for half or more of the day.

Well I guess it was just a matter of time before someone else got this idea. ):

Also I don't think a living Bonsai will be doable - really only a tropical species will be able to live inside as most Bonsai need to be outdoors. So that in itself limits the plant type - then there is root depth and then sunlight. I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd want my computer sitting in direct sun for half or more of the day.
    What you said makes me wonder if UV cold cathodes would be sufficient for use indoors to help the plant live.

I used to do Bonsai and there is a Bonsai club here in San Diego. (Probably in most major cities.)
    Many of the Bonsai in nurseries are Juniper trees. They are easy to train, require little water and produce a good effect. Many however do not consider them true Bonsai.
    The trick in doing a living Bonsai on a PC would be in finding a good size one in a small or tray and moving it into the PC case. You don't have to be shy about binding the roots to secure the tree in place. That is part of the art.

Thread Information