Thread: Anyone planning on building their case if they don't win?

Anyone planning on building their case if they don't win?

After working on my case for a while I really like it and I want to build it even if I don't win. I think with the price of the new ION boards and components I think I could afford to do it. Anyone else planning on making their case come to life?

I'd only be able to do mine if I shrunk it back down to pico size, and milling the base would be impossible for me too. My gear is limited to 12"x5.5"
    If I could find a pico board for it, I'd love to build it. I wish someone would make something like the original ION prototype, but with the I/O daughterboard built upside-down and inside pico dimensions. It could knock the Via systems off the awesome tier.

-And you will likely get a board to work with at the very least. I could see your build built for Nvidia at a trade show... displayed in an animal cage.

Thanks for your vote of confidence cheapskate, but there are a lot of great ideas out there to compete with (after yours takes the grand prize of course lol) and we will all just have to wait for the final results. I just started a new job at a machine shop three months ago so I might get the chance to make it myself.

If I can get someone to help me lol

If anyone is interested I have posted my design on 3dcontentcentral.com (http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/Download-Model.aspx?catalogid=171&id=16632) for anyone to look at in 3D or download (you have to register to download but its free). Id really like to see it made either by myself or someone else.

I think this wold be a great way for new modders to get into modding by starting off with a smaller project. There were a lot of great ideas posted and it would be a shame to see them not come to life.

I've been speccing a ION/N330 system as a media center for my sister for a few months,.. I was always going to build a case for it, but probably just a plinth design. The comp was a great chance to design a nice case for it and maybe win a puter in the process... It's likely to get built eventually.

http://www.modders-inc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=38620#386 20

Thread Information