Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanished from earth!

Vanished from earth!

Hi, just for sh*ts and giggles I tried to see what my video card went for these days as I bought it about a year and a half ago and for some reason it seems to have just about vanished from existence.

I have a PowerColor X1950 pro 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 video card (newegg :Link) and doing a search on Amazon dot com and Ebay only turned up 1 result for each site being a used card. Even used search engine and could not find anyone selling it which to me is very odd as I should be able to find even 3 year old video cards somewhere and for this exact card there is virtually nothing.

Works fine for me, but mabye I missed some strange recall about this particular card model because it was known for killing your cat and sleeping with your wife while you are at work or something.

All I know is it seems like there was a lot of effort put into making it vanish like it almost never existed.

Anyone have any ideas of what happened with it?

Real or not I will consider them all.

Vanished from earth!

Well from what I can tell the card hit the market somewhere around Oct of 2006. Thats almost 3 years old. I really doubt you would find to many places stocking something quite that old technology wise. Video cards go through the market pretty fast. Even trying to find some of the more popular cards can be a little challenging.

Vanished from earth!

Sorry Tazz, just searched an even older model from the same company the X1650 card with lower specs and still found 7 or 8 sellers between ebay and amazon, plus multiple spots on the search engines that I can buy it from.

I'm still leaning toward the cat and wife idea myself.

Clear Coat

Vanished from earth!

I think its probably the fact that this was a specialized model from a lesser known company. There were probably not a lot of them made (big cooler and such) so they are just harder to find?

the 1650 was probably at a much cheaper price point -- where people buy off of price instead of reputation.

my completely unfounded 2 cents, with no research.

Vanished from earth!

Makes sense, mabye you and tazz are right.

Then again, my cat and wife theory has not been disproven yet. :!:

Vanished from earth!

your theory has been disproven.. the wife.. is dead.. shot by the cat which then moments later chocked on the goldfish because it had no Iphone.

Vanished from earth!

/ /....what? lol

If you are looking for that specific card then yes you might have a problem at it was a special card and the cooler that it used was made by Arctic Cooling.

Vanished from earth!

Makes sense guys.

your theory has been disproven.. the wife.. is dead.. shot by the cat which then moments later chocked on the goldfish because it had no Iphone.
    But your theory has flaws as cats do not have poseable thumbs and therefore would not be able to hold a gun. Another possibility to your above scenerio including my above logic is this:

The cat seen my wife and video card together in bed, threatened to tell on them and the wife then shoved the goldfish down the cats throat blocking off the cats air which in turn killed the cat from suffocation, and after realizing what she did to the cat and feeling guilty about the cheating she shot herself taking her own life in a fit of depression.

Hmmn. kinda turned inta a good theoretical topic.

I like it.

Vanished from earth!

I just read this topic again, a year and a half later and I still laugh my ass off at it. :lol: :lol:

Vanished from earth!

Just read it for the first time and laughed my ass off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information