Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web-Site Improvement Theories/Ideas

Web-Site Improvement Theories/Ideas

A radical and innovative idea to help make money for the site and for creative people,this idea maybe too far fetched but would set you apart from all the other web sites.. okay.so first things first

[1.]You continue to get sponsors then open your site to inventors

[2.]Invest in ideas that can make money.

The site will be different from other web sites by investment and other aspects like agreement with the inventor at 50% control and 50% revenue for any given idea,plus you the site/company would have to earn that 50% control and 50% revenue by contributing money for all other cost,marketing,licensing agreement etc...giving this opportunity to the inventors should expand your company by increase,more sponsors/investors,revenue and maybe allow your company to become a wholesale and manufacturer etc..

now the rules for the site would be important you would have to show client satisfaction value and give out approve and disapprove notices,the "disapprove notice" could be your the (company's)promise not to use,sale or distribute any aspect of the inventor's idea and the approve notice would let the inventor know that his idea was approved and is protected by law,Copyright etc...once the inventor's idea/invention is approved it can be posted in a gallery but otherwise the idea is not posted or shared without the "approve notice".This idea is not just for modding but for any decent idea and invention.

So how about it?

--- edited by AF so I could read it better ---

FAR too much legal stuff involved with inventing.. trust me.
    why theres already 4 other companies headlining inventing.. they deal with all the legal work, help out with finding a manurfacture.. distributer.. and advertisement for a % of the profits.

seriously.. go watch ONE episode of pitchmen.. and tell me that ANY of the people here can continue modding.. working on the site AND do what anthony sullivan and the late billy mays does.

FAR too much legal stuff involved with inventing.. trust me.
    why theres already 4 other companies headlining inventing.. they deal with all the legal work, help out with finding a manurfacture.. distributer.. and advertisement for a % of the profits.

seriously.. go watch ONE episode of pitchmen.. and tell me that ANY of the people here can continue modding.. working on the site AND do what anthony sullivan and the late billy mays does.
    YES you would have to cancel out the obvious....BUT that's why you hire people to do certain jobs for you>And that (%) is one of those things that would differ from most if not all other patent sites,How would you like to send a web site your idea for a invention free of charge then wait for the money to come in,that's all!slow at first billion$later!seriously.. go watch Shark Tank @ ABC.com. Any ideas to improve the website are welcomed on this thread.

.. and tell me that ANY of the people here can continue modding.. working on the site AND do what anthony sullivan and the late billy mays does.
    That is my life...plus throw in a 50hr work week at my real job.... omg...I just realized, I have no life.... 0-0

I like your idea and forward thinking and if it could be done it sounds like you already have a plan.

Clear Coat

Similar idea, but different train of thought....

How about setting up Modders-Inc (and/or XOxide) as a front end for users to buy customized pcs? We could probably add in a store-front kinda software for minimal cost, and then allow people to come here check out what can be done by the different modders, add in ideas and the like, and possibly watch their personal computer being built in a worklog. You don't really need stock/inventory, because every PC is customized.

It gives us (the community) more content, and modders may be able to make a little money out of it.

The only question is how many people (in this economy) would want to buy such a computer.

A radical and innovative idea to help make money for the site and for creative people,this idea maybe too far fetched but would set you apart from all the other web sites.. okay.so first things first

[1.]You continue to get sponsors then open your site to inventors

[2.]Invest in ideas that can make money.

The site will be different from other web sites by investment and other aspects like agreement with the inventor at 50% control and 50% revenue for any given idea,plus you the site/company would have to earn that 50% control and 50% revenue by contributing money for all other cost,marketing,licensing agreement etc...giving this opportunity to the inventors should expand your company by increase,more sponsors/investors,revenue and maybe allow your company to become a wholesale and manufacturer etc..

now the rules for the site would be important you would have to show client satisfaction value and give out approve and disapprove notices,the "disapprove notice" could be your the (company's)promise not to use,sale or distribute any aspect of the inventor's idea and the approve notice would let the inventor know that his idea was approved and is protected by law,Copyright etc...once the inventor's idea/invention is approved it can be posted in a gallery but otherwise the idea is not posted or shared without the "approve notice".This idea is not just for modding but for any decent idea and invention.

So how about it?

--- edited by AF so I could read it better ---
    The idea simply put,[1.] [Starting Point]:Get money...loans,sponsors,donation some kind of contribution around $50,000 give or take $20.000.[2.]Next hire people about two or three to do all the things like legal work,advertisement,marketing etc.. [3.]Host a inventor competition pick the best idea (one invention)[4.]Make a physical prototype from the inventor's idea. [5.]Have your worker bees do what they do best and establish 50/50 partnership with the inventor.[6.]Reap from investments[7.]Start all over again increasing each aspect.look at the big Picture start to finish.....inventors.....investors.....billion$... ...website/inventors/manufacturer/wholesale/shops/stores. Thanks for the positive feedback.

I hate to be the naysayer here and will probably receive some expected criticism for mentioning it but while the ideas are good ones, I don't think this is the best time to carry things too far ahead of the planning stage.

As was said already, modding is in fact a luxury and a luxury right now that for the most part can't be afforded by most. I agree that the conceptual part of the idea is very provoking and possibly do-able given a better time. As Bill Owens said or alluded to in a few of the podcasts, the market is still shrinking somewhat. Collectively right now we're seeing people on MI from all over the world and that's a sign modding isn't dead but it is still a niche market.

Would it be nice to see 1,000 customer orders a day, hell yes. I don't believe that is possible though when many are struggling to just hold on to their homes. It's tough enough to run a successful business when times are good, let alone when times are bad and to try to start one?

Just purchasing the name xOxide is going to take a considerable amount of capital alone. Then as was suggested, you'd either have to start recouping some of the investment cost by jumping into the custom/retail market possibly before there is even an established game plan, which in in itself is too risky given the current market conditions. Or you would have to sit on the name until the conditions improved.
    At bare minimum, I would think you're probably looking at a very minimal $3,000 - $5,000 to get the ball rolling and have a decent chance. That's a bare minimum start-up cost after the name is purchased.
    Some of the costs could be delayed or temporarily offset for a while with some voluntary custom work (small stuff) but the material costs are going to be fixed and will need to be paid ASAP. This could buy some time but I would proceed with the utmost caution for the next several weeks and months should anyone decide to go any further with it.

Myself, I would be more apt to support the businesses that are already established before we lose them also. I think if all the cards were on the table, we'd see many of them are hanging on for dear life. By bringing in another Internet retailer of sorts I don't know that we'd not be cutting off our noses to spite our face? Even if it were only custom work. Any saturation in a fledgling market often brings about more chaos and thinning out. I saw that happen firsthand. And in the end, the market eventually kills itself. I would rather not see that happen here.
    Just my take on it fwiw.

I hate to be the naysayer here and will probably receive some expected criticism for mentioning it but while the ideas are good ones, I don't think this is the best time to carry things too far ahead of the planning stage.

As was said already, modding is in fact a luxury and a luxury right now that for the most part can't be afforded by most. I agree that the conceptual part of the idea is very provoking and possibly do-able given a better time. As Bill Owens said or alluded to in a few of the podcasts, the market is still shrinking somewhat. Collectively right now we're seeing people on MI from all over the world and that's a sign modding isn't dead but it is still a niche market.

Would it be nice to see 1,000 customer orders a day, hell yes. I don't believe that is possible though when many are struggling to just hold on to their homes. It's tough enough to run a successful business when times are good, let alone when times are bad and to try to start one?

Just purchasing the name xOxide is going to take a considerable amount of capital alone. Then as was suggested, you'd either have to start recouping some of the investment cost by jumping into the custom/retail market possibly before there is even an established game plan, which in in itself is too risky given the current market conditions. Or you would have to sit on the name until the conditions improved.
    At bare minimum, I would think you're probably looking at a very minimal $3,000 - $5,000 to get the ball rolling and have a decent chance. That's a bare minimum start-up cost after the name is purchased.
    Some of the costs could be delayed or temporarily offset for a while with some voluntary custom work (small stuff) but the material costs are going to be fixed and will need to be paid ASAP. This could buy some time but I would proceed with the utmost caution for the next several weeks and months should anyone decide to go any further with it.

Myself, I would be more apt to support the businesses that are already established before we lose them also. I think if all the cards were on the table, we'd see many of them are hanging on for dear life. By bringing in another Internet retailer of sorts I don't know that we'd not be cutting off our noses to spite our face? Even if it were only custom work. Any saturation in a fledgling market often brings about more chaos and thinning out. I saw that happen firsthand. And in the end, the market eventually kills itself. I would rather not see that happen here.
    Just my take on it fwiw.
    I don't think that will help the site.What's xOxide?

establish 50/50 partnership with the inventor.[6.]Reap from investments[7.]Start all over again increasing each aspect.look at the big Picture start to finish.....inventors.....investors.....billion$... ...website/inventors/manufacturer/wholesale/shops/stores. Thanks for the positive feedback. This idea is not just for modding but for any decent idea and invention. That 50/50 partnership with the inventor is like having investors,50% of the gross profit from the invention goes on&on..50% for the inventor and 50% for the M-I company,So if M-I makes $1,000 in it's lifetime from a invention than likewise the inventor will get $1,000 in his lifetime from his invention(if the inventor was to die his family would continuously receive the money and so forth).This invention/mod contest can be played like any other mod idea contest,So that it doesn’t disrupt what the company already has.The outcome could be more money to mod with!

Similar idea, but different train of thought....

How about setting up Modders-Inc (and/or XOxide) as a front end for users to buy customized pcs? We could probably add in a store-front kinda software for minimal cost, and then allow people to come here check out what can be done by the different modders, add in ideas and the like, and possibly watch their personal computer being built in a worklog. You don't really need stock/inventory, because every PC is customized.

It gives us (the community) more content, and modders may be able to make a little money out of it.

The only question is how many people (in this economy) would want to buy such a computer.
    Your thoughts have been brought up once or twice before and well the only thing we had troubles about was what if said modder took the $ and ran. The transaction between said modder and costumer might have happened here at Modders-Inc, and the customer may try to come after Modders-Inc to their money or hardware back.

I had also thought how does Craigslist do it? They are just the gathering place to allow others to make deals. So what happens when a deal goes bad?

We I have also talked about adding a small store to the site, stuff like sleeve material, heat shrink, LED's, switches, and other misc stuff that we, as modders, might use ourselves and that other would like to buy. But as its been said it is tough to start a company right now. But if it were to be kept small it could grow once things improve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information