Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MASSIVE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE

MASSIVE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE

Since we are all on a budget, we should all take a close look, and pay out respects to one of the players in the modding supplies scene...

www.xoxide.com is going out of business....

0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0

Shame to see them go - being on the wrong side of the pond I can't say I ever used them, but I never heard anything but good about the range/service the offered....

gods.. if i had 100$ or so i would buy so much stuff there and id review every bit of it here lol

not to mention really put a creative spin on my computer :P

but then again.. its an NZXT Nemesis Elite Black.. it already looks bad ass.. though theres still some ideas ive always had to add to it if i had the chance lol.

oh well i can keep dreaming.

Any mention of why they are closing up shop? Competition? Their forum seems decent enough, I'm surprised they wouldn't just merge or sell.

likey the bad economy.. modding is a luxory thing and most people in the past year cant afford the small things like that

in fact alot of your computer parts manufactures have been hit hard by the recession

Holy Crap! You know the economy is bad when one of the Staples of the mod community is going under. What next, frozencpu? CrazyPC? MNPCTech? It's insanity.

I agree with DFStormbringer. Most of the modders I know haven't done hardly anything this past year because they don't have as much disposable income. It's a damn shame.

I used to go there for $3 fans (yate loons.) When Yates got popular they doubled the price on them.
    Even now they have 2 different prices for them, and the SALE price is over $6... So at some point they decided to mark them up to $10. -Classic death spiral.

It's very sad to see another computer modding company go by the wayside.

I had hoped (as probably many others did also) that the economy (globally) would have turned around somewhat by now but it's not looking very good for the near future at least.

Modding in general is already seeing a slow decent at the forefront of some hobbyists and gamers priorities because of the lack of finances in many cases. Fortunately there are many who are die-hard and dedicated at the art to cushion it. It's my sincerest hope that some of the leftover companies can weather the storm or else we'll all be crawling to find supplies and may be forced to make do with whatever is available. A thought I shudder at.

I for one loved Oxides sight for the variety of supplies they carried as well as their tips pages that are great for those who are contemplating a creation outside of the box.

It would be horrible to see everything go back to the days of the standard beige or white boxes and I hope I don't live to see that demise come back around again.

My only two sources for quality modding components are MNPCTECH and Oxide and it's a sad day that ANY business is forced to close their doors. I've been there, and on one hand it's a relief of sorts but it's also a bad medicine to have to swallow because of controls that are out of your hands.

All my best wishes to the people at Oxide and thank you for your products and great service always.

Please remember to support the sponsors here and especially MNPCTECH (one of our own).

Looking at the stats they are lower than I would have guessed but who has the $ to do extra stuff nowadays? I have a decent job and I still hold onto my money for the "Just in case" would happen.

So far the bid just for the name is only $1,800 USD...very cheap for a very established name.

Maybe we can pool our money and but it! Anyone got some money lying around looking for something to do?

Clear Coat

could chuck some in, but would have to have a very definite plan of whats going to happen with said money/name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information